Notorious Broken turnbuckle (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have broken 3 turnbuckles, I bash really hard. I didn't play around the last time I fixed it. it'll never break again. lol

20201231_201225.jpg

Last edited:
With my gpm turnbuckles they are so damn thick I just snap screws all the time now. Except when I hit poles oddly enough, bent one real good and sheared the metal ball on another. Still deciding on going back to stock with the old balls.
Your rod ends don't pull out all the time? That is the biggest issue I saw with the GPMs.
Whats the parts that the turnbuckle screws into on the tire side?
Are my posts not showing up?

Your rod ends don't pull out all the time? That is the biggest issue I saw with the GPMs.

These are the ones I have. The ends can't pop out or break off. But they are great at snapping the m3 screw that holds them to the hub or ackerman plate. I don't know how but I was able to bend that thick steel rod but not break screws or bend the ackerman plate, that was when I hit the pole while driving fpv. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...ring-tie-rod-6pc-set-gpm-mak162s-p-17811.html

Part number is AR330230
Thanks

Sorry slick2500. Either i missed that or didn't realize it contained the part. I had to look at it a few times. I do appreciate your help!

Sorry slick2500. Either i missed that or didn't realize it contained the part. I had to look at it a few times. I do appreciate your help!

Lol right. Was wondering when you would see my post as its probably the best solution as the rods and rod ends are significantly larger.

AR330230 Rod Ends
AR330221 Rods

Happy New Years people!

I just broke what I think is the turnbuckle on my 6s notorious. Its the long part that connects the servo to the wheel for turning. I hit a mailbox and snapped it.

Whats the recommended replacement? Not finding much on the web.
titanium

Lol right. Was wondering when you would see my post as its probably the best solution as the rods and rod ends are significantly larger.

AR330230 Rod Ends
AR330221 Rods
So, in confused again. I bought ar340071 with ar330230. How do the standard and the larger ones both screw into the same size end?

They don't.

In ar330230 there are bigger rod ends that you use instead.

But honestly if you have stock rods run em till they break.

I just happen to have these layin around and had no more stock rods left. Not seen anyone else do this. Just was wingin it and it worked out great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back