Typhon Broken Typhon - a tree in the way...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesna007

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Hi all

Had a nice run in the weekend with my Typhon and Granite. - But at the last run a tree jumped right out in front of me... It was a small tree but I think I hit it with about 50-60 km/h with full throttle...
So watch out for the trees :)

/Jakob

20210620_084800.jpg

20210620_084822.jpg

20210620_163303.jpg

You mean those evil small tree stumps?
Hate em...

Just a suggestion: I think if you had an aftermarket front bumper (i.e. T bone Racing) on your Typhon, the bumper might have absorbed some of the impact, and you might not have broken the chassis. I have one on my Typhon 3s, and I've hit a mailbox pole at high speed without any damage.

Just a suggestion: I think if you had an aftermarket front bumper (i.e. T bone Racing) on your Typhon, the bumper might have absorbed some of the impact, and you might not have broken the chassis. I have one on my Typhon 3s, and I've hit a mailbox pole at high speed without any damage.
Some of the Arrma Army report mixed results with Tbone, but I have them on both my rigs and they have absorbed some wicked hits resulting in no damage to them so far......

I would recommend them.....better than stock imo

Some of the Arrma Army report mixed results with Tbone, but I have them on both my rigs and they have absorbed some wicked hits resulting in no damage to them so far......
I've had mixed results with t-bone. The typhon needs something though. Perhaps the vorteks bumper would be good since it also has the built in spring.

Did you see my avatar? Lol

I've had mixed results with t-bone. The typhon needs something though. Perhaps the vorteks bumper would be good since it also has the built in spring.
Me too not one of my Tbone racing Arrma bumpers have survived the worst one being the expensive one for the Kraton 4s didn't even last a pack running laps at the track, I didn't crash or even hit anything it was just broke at the end of the run...................

Last edited:
A broken bumper beats a broken chassis any time. Consider a T Bone bumper to be be like the crumple zone in a 1:1 vehicle: it takes the force of the hit and protects the more important parts.

A broken bumper beats a broken chassis any time. Consider a T Bone bumper to be be like the crumple zone in a 1:1 vehicle: it takes the force of the hit and protects the more important parts.
Yes but when said bumper breaks without hitting anything was it really helping?

Yes but when said bumper breaks without hitting anything was it really helping?
I certainly don't know your exact circumstances, but bumpers don't just break for no reason. You may not have hit anything head on, but your vehicle may have slapped the ground hard during a run or jump, either that day or on a previous occasion. The circumstances that caused the break could have happened any time before the bumper actually gave way.

I certainly don't know your exact circumstances, but bumpers don't just break for no reason. You may not have hit anything head on, but your vehicle may have slapped the ground hard during a run or jump, either that day or on a previous occasion. The circumstances that caused the break could have happened any time before the bumper actually gave way.
First time using the bumper, literally had 1 pack on it. But I've pretty much lost faith in Tbone Racing at this point. The last bumper I got from them the material is different than previous bumpers, it is smoother and feels and looks more like plastic instead of Kydex like the older ones.

First time using the bumper, literally had 1 pack on it. But I've pretty much lost faith in Tbone Racing at this point. The last bumper I got from them the material is different than previous bumpers, it is smoother and feels and looks more like plastic instead of Kydex like the older ones.
I must have an older one.....do you have an alternative you could recommend?
I must have gotten an older one then, do you have an alternative you could recommend?

I put a granite bumper on mine. It was easy. It's not super fancy or anything but there was a noticeable difference in outcomes from crashes.
I put a granite bumper on mine. It was easy. It's not super fancy or anything but there was a noticeable difference in outcomes from crashes.
20210621_175243.jpg

These three bags.

I must have an older one.....do you have an alternative you could recommend?

I must have gotten an older one then, do you have an alternative you could recommend?
No one else makes bumpers for the 3s models.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back