Kraton Broken Wing Mount, replace with stock or RPM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Duperbash

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
That's about it. Wondering if anyone can chime in who's tried both and share their opinion. Bumped my punch up to 9 today and was retesting Tekno oranges with better shock dialing. Did Olympic style high speed cartwheel that just kept going out into the street at local park.
IMG_20170106_152036973.jpg

I broke a stocker within a week. I went with the rpm, and multiple times I thought it should have been broken but it just keeps going... well worth it...Mike
I commend the beefiness of stock, but think the plastic is just too rigid. 3 of my 4 Arrmas were all bent noticably after first bash or 2. RPM arms on my Backslash just won't break. I've cartwheeled in the street at 60+ and my turnbuckles will snap before anything. I'm sold, thanks for the feedback. RPM plastic has some crazy pliability I guess. Hate to do it again, but borrowing from the ghostship, my currently stripped for parts Typhon. Figures, just got parts today from Tower to Truggify and bring ghostship back to life!
IMG_20170106_210853069.jpg

I just wanted to mention that I also have the RPM wing bracket and it has taken hits with no signs of damage. A very worthy part to purchase i believe. I have watched your videos on utube Rich and you definitely could use this bracket as you are a very aggressive and excellent driver of your rig!

I just wanted to mention that I also have the RPM wing bracket and it has taken hits with no signs of damage. A very worthy part to purchase i believe. I have watched your videos on utube Rich and you definitely could use this bracket as you are a very aggressive and excellent driver of your rig!
Finnspeed, thanks much, really appreciate it. Think my wife pisses me off and bashing the rigs helps me take out my aggression....Lol. Definitely getting RPM, thanks for the feedback.

The RPM lifetime guarantee is a bonus. But I'm convinced the stock HD mount is stronger.View attachment 5161
OUCH!!! Yeah I'm starting to wonder if more lateral bracing between 2 mount pieces would prevent breakage somewhat. Going to mess with my broken one as an experiment. Stocker definitely looks beefier, mine simply got earth jammed by my kids countless times. Think also Proline Trifecta wing I'm running flexes way less than stocker. Thanks for the input.

Dude!!! I'm running the same setup on my Backslash. May just need to do here to Kraton. Thanks for that. PS, just noticed the tootsie rolls on the ground, Damn Chihuahua!!!! Doesn't want to go out in the rain again.
IMG_20170107_091207769.jpg
IMG_20170107_091157387.jpg

Last edited:
Them damn Chihuahua's... Lol!
Just a heads up, the Traxxas narrow Tmaxx 94mm turnbuckles are a direct fit, but they are a little weak, though. I replaced them a few times, but my wing always stays in place. It's a trade-off.

Them damn Chihuahua's... Lol!
Just a heads up, the Traxxas narrow Tmaxx 94mm turnbuckles are a direct fit, but they are a little weak, though. I replaced them a few times, but my wing always stays in place. It's a trade-off.
Thanks Schoeds, figured they were Traxxas, you read my mind, thanks for part number. Yeah I'll take a sacrificial turnbuckle any day over breaking other parts. Mine usually snap at the threads. Going by LHS today, going to grab some up. Thanks again, this mod was a great solution for my Backslash as the wing attachment has to be customized to stay put with high speed mishaps. I've literally done Formula 1 style wrecks on 4 and 6s and kept driving like nothing happened.

Thanks Schoeds, figured they were Traxxas, you read my mind, thanks for part number. Yeah I'll take a sacrificial turnbuckle any day over breaking other parts. Mine usually snap at the threads. Going by LHS today, going to grab some up. Thanks again, this mod was a great solution for my Backslash as the wing attachment has to be customized to stay put with high speed mishaps. I've literally done Formula 1 style wrecks on 4 and 6s and kept driving like nothing happened.

No problem, Rich. You might want to ask your shop if they carry any m3 spacers, to give the screw a little added support. If I recall, the 1.5mm is what I have installed here.
Link >>> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...3GFWjuen7tUDagjTAQx5Qaz1-Yy4xLJRjAaAmMV8P8HAQFB_IMG_1475202868224.jpg

Thanks a
No problem, Rich. You might want to ask your shop if they carry any m3 spacers, to give the screw a little added support. If I recall, the 1.5mm is what I have installed here.
Link >>> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...3GFWjuen7tUDagjTAQx5Qaz1-Yy4xLJRjAaAmMV8P8HAQView attachment 5185
Thanks again, I see the void you're talking about, will do. Appreciate you dialing me in with that. Wished Hot Racing made servo mounts, braces etc for Arrmas, I use their hex adapters...Etc for Slash and kids ECX before, they make good stuff!

Dude!!! I'm running the same setup on my Backslash. May just need to do here to Kraton. Thanks for that. PS, just noticed the tootsie rolls on the ground, Damn Chihuahua!!!! Doesn't want to go out in the rain again.View attachment 5168 View attachment 5169

Lmao. You always have poop issues .

RPM parts are vinyl. They get better as they absorb more moisture. My RC's with RPM A-Arms never bust... but they will warp after much abuse. You can heat gun them back into shape or boil them. I would never be able to bash my Slash sillly without some RPM parts.

Last edited:
Lmao. You always have poop issues .

RPM parts are vinyl. They get better as they absorb more moisture. My RC's with RPM A-Arms never bust... but they will warp after much abuse. You can heat gun them back into shape or boil them. I would never be able to bash my Slash sillly without some RPM parts.
My rescue dog Gus is the culprit 90% of the time, totally friggin lazy, can't handle temps below 60 degrees. He is very handsome though and my wife loves him, you know how that crap goes....Lol. This morning he pissed all over my work stool near the RCs and has hit my air compressor more than once. I never catch him in the act!!! 3 dogs/4 cats. If it wasn't for RPM my Backslash would stay parked.

When RPM makes a part that fits any of my RC cars I put it on immediately. I ordered the wing mounts right after I ordered the kraton. I have plowed a lot of dirt with that wing now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back