Typhon Broken Wing mount screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmryde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 6s
Ran my Typhon 6s this weekend. Ended off blowing my front diff, good time though. Anyway when I picked it up by the wing mount it moved more than it should. I noticed the 2 3mm screws were broken/sheared off at the rear shock tower. Never had this happen before, had this car for years. Only change is this is a version 5 wing mount. Do you think that caused the screws snap? Or just a mistake on my part while driving?

Ran my Typhon 6s this weekend. Ended off blowing my front diff, good time though. Anyway when I picked it up by the wing mount it moved more than it should. I noticed the 2 3mm screws were broken/sheared off at the rear shock tower. Never had this happen before, had this car for years. Only change is this is a version 5 wing mount. Do you think that caused the screws snap? Or just a mistake on my part while driving?
The screws breaking off happens from time to time, especially if you land on the wing. The screws are easy to get out once you remove the shock tower so that is a good thing. I wouldn't use the stock wing mounts, get a @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount.

The screws breaking off happens from time to time, especially if you land on the wing. The screws are easy to get out once you remove the shock tower so that is a good thing. I wouldn't use the stock wing mounts, get a @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount.

The low profile mounts for the Typhon should be finishing testing soon according to @Rcproponent

Agreed, kind of what i thought and hoping to hear. I saw those 3D wingmounts here. However they are in testing for the low profile mounts. I think that's what I need? Can I use the high profile ones?

Agreed, kind of what i thought and hoping to hear. I saw those 3D wingmounts here. However they are in testing for the low profile mounts. I think that's what I need? Can I use the high profile ones?
Yeah you can use the high profile one, it will just make the wing stick up a bit more than the stock one.

I prefer a high mount on my typhon.. LP mounts should be coming along soon. Fine tuning the last few things in the lab @3d-rc.myshopify.com !
Here’s a couple pics with typhon with a HP mount.
6462B6EC-BD1B-4A03-87F6-A1C8783B546E.jpeg
13B83478-F8DB-4D2D-847F-632D84C6B7E0.jpeg
6ACF3676-3C68-411E-AE16-2B590ADBAD88.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back