Kraton Broken wing mount.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you want your wing mount to give and take the impact. the way 3drc designed his mount it does just this. it will twist 90 degrees and soak up all the impact. this protects everything. less force transferred to the bulkhead, to the shock tower and even the screws holding it on. in my opinion a better design would be next to impossible to make.
3d-rc.myshopify.com đź‘Ťthere are some wing mounts here that have been beefed up and wont break
i can verify 3drc wing mounts wont break, and they wont create ANY other weak points either like i mentioned

www.3d-rc.online we are having a Black Friday deal. Get them while they are cheap
or get them while they arent cheap. its COMPLETELY worth your normal price and if the one i have on my car ever breaks i wont hesitate one second to spend the normal selling price for another pair.
So I see that it doesn’t mount onto the shock tower. Am I right?? Typically the wing mount does screw into the shock tower.
wrong. no wing mount screws to the shock tower. they all however screw through the shock tower to the bulkhead, just as 3drc does.
My only complaint with the 3DRC mount is that it does not have the same profile as the stock mount and the wing sits at a different angle as well. It was so bad on my Kraton I even made a thread about it. Https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-i-do-wrong-here.53817/
you sure you bought the right wing mount? or maybe more likely you sure you received the correct one, have you checked part numbers to varify? it was admitted to me that he HAD someone doing shipping that wasnt good (this has been taken care of), one of my orders got messed up.

Last edited:
Try this RPM HD wing mount.
Screenshot_20221126-223310_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I see that it doesn’t mount onto the shock tower. Am I right?? Typically the wing mount does screw into the shock tower.

Would it be better the low profile or high profile wing mount

Hi

It screws into the shock mount like stock and all the others. No change in how it installs. Kraton normally has the high profile but 3DRC can say if the lower could work...this one normally sees on the Typhon, Talion, etc.

Just found the thread as i was going to post one similar. we was bashing hard yesterday and i ended up breaking one side of the wing mount one both the Kraton and Nortorious 6s. the bolts that hold to the shock tower on both trucks are broken. How do you get the broken screws out of the shock tower?
And besides the one guys idea of running longer screws so there is something to grab next time from the front is there anything else you can do to avoid this from happening? i understand something needs to give somewhere but very annoying.

you want your wing mount to give and take the impact. the way 3drc designed his mount it does just this. it will twist 90 degrees and soak up all the impact. this protects everything. less force transferred to the bulkhead, to the shock tower and even the screws holding it on. in my opinion a better design would be next to impossible to make.

i can verify 3drc wing mounts wont break, and they wont create ANY other weak points either like i mentioned

or get them while they arent cheap. its COMPLETELY worth your normal price and if the one i have on my car ever breaks i wont hesitate one second to spend the normal selling price for another pair.

wrong. no wing mount screws to the shock tower. they all however screw through the shock tower to the bulkhead, just as 3drc does.

you sure you bought the right wing mount? or maybe more likely you sure you received the correct one, have you checked part numbers to varify? it was admitted to me that he HAD someone doing shipping that wasnt good (this has been taken care of), one of my orders got messed up.

Yes I am sure I bought the right wing mount and the new one I won from a contest. They are both taller than the stock or Rpm one. I'll get some pics when I get back home this evening.
Try this RPM HD wing mount.View attachment 258751

I really wish rpm would have designed this to allow you to add the wheelie bar from the Outcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back