Kraton Broken wing mount.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaliber

Reaction score
So like so many before me i broke the wing mount on my kraton 6s. Is it ok to run it like this for a while until I can find replacement?

20210428_201729.jpg

Same exact thing for me... screws were a pain to remove... haha. But i did run without the wing till i get it replaced. No biggie. (I just went with the arrma replacement for $10, I have a feeling this is gonna keep happening aluminum or not. Haha.

Aluminum wing mounts transfer energy to parts you don't want to break. They are a no-no if you send the car with big air or do lots of cart wheels. If you drive it like a Mojave or a track car, then aluminum mounts are fine. Buy a couple spare wing mounts and some screws and just have em around.

I added a wheelie bar before I ran my v5 but still managed to buckle the wing standoffs. I've had the upgraded exb mount sat in wd40 now for 3 weeks because I forgot I had put it there. I have no idea what they will be like now lol

A few weeks ago I broke just those wing arm bolts. After replacing them this past weekend, I was bashin around on Sunday and broke the whole wing off same place you did here. Just replaced the arms with the RPM wing arms a few days ago. Bashed around today, came home with a wing (y)😁

I went with the rpm wing mount and swapped 5mm longer screws so I could get at them from the front if they snapped again. So far no problems, rpm is infinitely more pliable than the stock arrma mount.

I like my rpm wing mount as well. I don't jump my kraton. But it has seen many cartwheels and a couple of hard wheelie impacts. Managed to bend the screws. But after 30 packs. I haven't broken the factory arrma wing mount

Does anyone know what the screws are?

The factory screws for that connect the wing mount to the shock tower are M3x20mm cap head or button head screws, either should fit I think. If you ever have issues getting broken screws out just take the shock tower off, should give you plenty of screw to grab with pliers.

As for RPM vs Arrma mounts, I think they are pretty similar, Arrma just happens to be cheaper and easier to get most of the time.

The factory screws for that connect the wing mount to the shock tower are M3x20mm cap head or button head screws, either should fit I think. If you ever have issues getting broken screws out just take the shock tower off, should give you plenty of screw to grab with pliers.

As for RPM vs Arrma mounts, I think they are pretty similar, Arrma just happens to be cheaper and easier to get most of the time.
I would go cap heads over the button heads, I find cap heads are less likely to strip out.

Same exact thing for me... screws were a pain to remove... haha. But i did run without the wing till i get it replaced. No biggie. (I just went with the arrma replacement for $10, I have a feeling this is gonna keep happening aluminum or not. Haha.
I replaced stock wing mount with aluminum hot racing wing mount and it bent. I’d rather it break than bend. Going to go with RPM wing mount. In my opinion it looks nice but having to replace other parts because they tweaked is more expensive.

I replaced stock wing mount with aluminum hot racing wing mount and it bent. I’d rather it break than bend. Going to go with RPM wing mount. In my opinion it looks nice but having to replace other parts because they tweaked is more expensive.

Hello!

I am not taking anything from RPM wing mounts I like people like YT'er AJ-Jams who really likes them. However, I have to say @3d-rc.myshopify.com takes a better beating. The flex is wonderful not to pass that force to the rear shock mount. RPM do have some flex for me not enough. Just an option but not a sale pitch but 3DRC are damn good!!

Have on my Kraton EXB, Typhon TLR, Fireteam, Talion RTR EXB, etc.... great!

Avoid any metal wing mount you are transferring all that force to the shock mount which could bend it or travel to the diff bulkhead and damage it. Need some wing flex there so it stops that force from traveling (y)

1669512790295.png

Hello!

I am not taking anything from RPM wing mounts I like people like YT'er AJ-Jams who really likes them. However, I have to say @3d-rc.myshopify.com takes a better beating. The flex is wonderful not to pass that force to the rear shock mount. RPM do have some flex for me not enough. Just an option but not a sale pitch but 3DRC are damn good!!

Have on my Kraton EXB, Typhon TLR, Fireteam, Talion RTR EXB, etc.... great!

Avoid any metal wing mount you are transferring all that force to the shock mount which could bend it or travel to the diff bulkhead and damage it. Need some wing flex there so it stops that force from traveling (y)

View attachment 258699
So I see that it doesn’t mount onto the shock tower. Am I right?? Typically the wing mount does screw into the shock tower.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back