Kraton Broken Wing Mounts - WD40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
So I'm sitting around watching old Kevin Talbot videos while thinking about how to address the fragile wing mount design issue and there is an old KT video on the XMaxx where he takes the A arms and soaks them all overnight in WD40, saying that this softens up the plastic so they bend more but don't break. Has anyone tried this with the Kraton wing mounts to see if it makes them more resistant to snapping? Thought it might be worth a shot? Any opinions?

Rubber wing and rpm mounts has yet to fail me...👍
Go on.....What is this rubber wing you speak of? Got a link?
Waste of WD40.
Do this for a permanent fix. Everything else, besides always landing right side up will not work.

Yea I like this but Tbone doesn't have any of the rear bumpers in stock right now. They stopped making v4s and haven't launched the v5s yet.

Go on.....What is this rubber wing you speak of? Got a link?

Yea I like this but Tbone doesn't have any of the rear bumpers in stock right now. They stopped making v4s and haven't launched the v5s yet.

I printed my own wings for my rigs.. haven't broken any wing mounts since.. if you know someone with a 3d printer the files are on thingiverse...👍

I printed my own wings for my rigs.. haven't broken any wing mounts since.. if you know someone with a 3d printer the files are on thingiverse...👍
Do you have a link to a kraton wing on thingiverse? I found the wind mounts but my Google-Fu is failing me on the actual wing itself...

Will this fit? i like it because you can print it flat on the build plate....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4639965

That's a remake of my listed 6s typhon wing.. at that length, it's probably pretty floppy but will still serve the purpose.. I don't have a specific Kraton wing listed.. but the typhon wing I listed is the widest one I modeled..👍

Also all wings I modeled are printed flat on the build plate..✌️

That's a remake of my listed 6s typhon wing.. at that length, it's probably pretty floppy but will still serve the purpose.. I don't have a specific Kraton wing listed.. but the typhon wing I listed is the widest one I modeled..👍

Also all wings I modeled are printed flat on the build plate..✌️
AHA! i see your original wing (thingiverse search is terrible) i like your original better. (y)

After adding the notorious wheelie bar and tbone rear bash bumper (not tbone wheelie bar) I stopped breaking wing mounts and lower shock ends. That being said, I also learned to drive better and have much fewer direct hits. I'm sure a direct and big enough hit will still bend the wing mount, but the bumper/bar combination seems to deflect/absorb enough of the force that things do snap like twigs anymore.

After adding the notorious wheelie bar and tbone rear bash bumper (not tbone wheelie bar) I stopped breaking wing mounts and lower shock ends. That being said, I also learned to drive better and have much fewer direct hits. I'm sure a direct and big enough hit will still bend the wing mount, but the bumper/bar combination seems to deflect/absorb enough of the force that things do snap like twigs anymore.
Thanks, is there a real difference between the Notorious and Kraton wheelie bar? I can't tell the difference in pictures but maybe it's obvious in person?

If boiling RPM plastic helps I wonder why don't they do it at before packaging it up?

I do note there is also an OEM HD version of the wing mount from Arrma, part no. AR320347

Does anybody run the HD mount and is it regarded as better then the original or even the RPM one....

HD wing mount.png

Thanks, is there a real difference between the Notorious and Kraton wheelie bar? I can't tell the difference in pictures but maybe it's obvious in person?
Wingmounts no difference but there is no wheelie bar (AR320366 - WHEELIE BAR SET) on the Kraton.
Although, it will fit on either incl. Talion.

They break just as well as the original or RPM.
HD = Highly Destructible
RPM = Really Pretty (when) Mangled

Only issue might be using RPM with M2C rear support, would be a tight squeeze. Other than that they all function and break the same.

Back