Brushed Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There opening the door for a broader customer base. Good move for them. ?
I agree, this is targeted at newbs entering the hobby, especially kids that don't need a land based missle. Some people are scary about handling and changing lipos and nimh will be much safer for them.

Anyone else seen the video from rc sailors
With all due respect I like the Orange body much better.:ROFLMAO:
A brushless offering can be had more cheaply. Broadens the market base. Gets newcomers hooked on Arrma. I think that's good. But guys here on the AF are at a higher level in this hobby. Its all relative in the end.
If you offer a beginner a rig that is not overpowered, it will be more durable, that leads to a big PLUS to any newcomer. Less frustration. Easier to drive. Less wear and tear/damage. More wheel time= more enjoyment.
For me, Brushed ONLY in my Crawlers.(y)

Last edited:
Brushed 550 motor Top speed looks like 20MPH. You definitely wont break any CVD's or anything I guess.:LOL: Arrma's tougher with a brushed setup for sure. I think it would be much faster "looking" sitting on a shelf however. Just not on my shelf .(y)And nothing would break for sure.
Great for a first timer Child who is 5yo. IMO:ROFLMAO:

I like the colour. I’ll need to check the website as the body should fit my 3S

I like the color for the body, me too. (y)
But, there are two clips for the front. :)
Yvan

I noticed the high beams:LOL:

^This.

They also have new brushed Granites and Sentons. It makes sense from the company's POV. Especially before the holidays. Grandkid wants an Arrma, Grandma F's up and buys the little one, pissed off kids everywhere. It's a well known story.

Other than maybe the battery connector I don't see anything new about the Mega line.

Fixed motor mount needs to be changed to the adjustable motor mount across all the 4X4 line IMO Arrma doesn't have to make it that beginner friendly. A simple pinion change can solve overheating issues in the Mega line but will of course make them slower. The esc could be changed to Hobbywing WP1060 rebrand (better esc than stock) instead of the WP1040 Hobbywing rebrand.

This Mega line fits a price point that was vacated with the discontinuing of the 2wd line. But they are at least 4wd. Some of the releases don't make much sense like the 4s line to me again though tiered price points for the expanding of Arrma products.

This Mega Typhon just gives a option to those that like the buggy look and may think it's a 1/8 scale rather than a 1/10 scale SCT with extended arms a buggy body and wing.

Other than maybe the battery connector I don't see anything new about the Mega line.

Fixed motor mount needs to be changed to the adjustable motor mount across all the 4X4 line IMO Arrma doesn't have to make it that beginner friendly. A simple pinion change can solve overheating issues in the Mega line but will of course make them slower. The esc could be changed to Hobbywing WP1060 rebrand (better esc than stock) instead of the WP1040 Hobbywing rebrand.

This Mega line fits a price point that was vacated with the discontinuing of the 2wd line. But they are at least 4wd. Some of the releases don't make much sense like the 4s line to me again though tiered price points for the expanding of Arrma products.

This Mega Typhon just gives a option to those that like the buggy look and may think it's a 1/8 scale rather than a 1/10 scale SCT with extended arms a buggy body and wing.
I said this in the other thread, the motor mount needs to be changed to allow a 775 brushed motor to fit and they need to run a 3s Hobbywing WP-880 rebrand. These small changes would make the 4x4 Mega platform bulletproof and would probably only cost the end user $5-$10 more if that. A 550 brushed size motor doesn't even work properly in a 1/10 4x4 monster truck let alone a 1/8th buggy. Arrma should have learned from everyone else's mistake that running a 1/10 4x4 brushed platform will just burn up those cheap 550 size motors and went with a proper sized motor instead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back