Granite Brushed Granite 4x4 Calibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd123

Reaction score
First RC Car. First post. Total novice. It ran well first time out till it got stuck in ditch. My son must have done something funky with controller because the wheels wouldn’t stop running. Now when I turn on controller and connect the battery the ESC (?) has a flashing red LED. The manual says: Partial Forward/Reverse//Brake. I can’t seem to find anywhere in the manual telling me how to do this. Is this referring to calibration? I hav researched YouTube but having found anything for this particular truck.
If I flip the ESC button to “on”, it immediately accelerates forward (without me touching the throttle) for a few seconds, doesn’t do anything if I try to throttle forward, and accelerates forward when I push the throttle to reverse.

any help would be appreciated.

Check your Radio Thr. trims first. Maybe your son messed them up. Mine used to do this all the time when he was much younger. The first place to start if you didn't try that already.

EDIT:
I ultimately taught my son how to setup trim. Because I couldn't bash my rig without being stopped all the time with his radio going untrimmed and all
What I did initially was to set up the trims perfectly. Then I would take a Silver Sharpie pen and place a dot for each trim knob where it is set properly. Now it's easy to see if the the trims were moved. Just move them back to where the silver marks were made.
Just an idea.
I do that with all of the analogue RTR radios I have. Just an idea.
Also, I wrap a piece of electrical tape to the battery cover on the radio. My son would lose the cover and batteries would fall out sometimes. I do that to most of my Radio's in general. Prevents nuisance issues when out bashing.

Last edited:
That is a great idea. When you talk about setting up the trims perfectly, would this refer to the default settings from the manual?

That is a great idea. When you talk about setting up the trims perfectly, would this refer to the default settings from the manual?
I believe SRC is saying to go out and drive the rc and get the trims into their sweet spot. Its likely your son had set the throttle trim to its max which would cause the issue you described.

You may need to bind the remote again if the throttle trim isn't the issue. Mine was acting up and re-binding it fixed it. There are videos of how to do it on you tube. Getting all the wires back into the box without pinching them was the hardest part otherwise it's fairly simple. I'm very new to rc as well. I just got myself the Granite V3 Blx this past weekend. Now my son will have my granite. Welcome to fun!

Back