Brushed motor on new Typhon mega V3 burnt out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam marriott

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Typhon brushed buggy and it seems the motor has already burnt out! I’ve only used it 5 times… Motor started smoking while using it and now it just smells and seems to make grinding noises if you push the buggy along.
Is this a common occurrence with these motors??
Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Typhon brushed buggy and it seems the motor has already burnt out! I’ve only used it 5 times… Motor started smoking while using it and now it just smells and seems to make grinding noises if you push the buggy along.
Is this a common occurrence with these motors??
Thanks in advance
I don't have 1. A buddy of mine does. Hes been thru 5. And ive read alot on here that yes the brushed motors can trash out anytime.

The brushed motors are garbage. That's why we all have brushless setups.
It's not so much they are garbage as it is more they aren't up to the task of propelling a 1/8th scale 4wd buggy. Those 550 motors are meant for vehicles like a 2wd Slash or smaller.

It's not so much they are garbage as it is more they aren't up to the task of propelling a 1/8th scale 4wd buggy. Those 550 motors are meant for vehicles like a 2wd Slash or smaller.
C'mon, you're in denial. You know they're garbage. Lol. Just kidding man. You're right. They can't handle the load of a 1/8th 4x4 and burn out real quick.

C'mon, you're in denial. You know they're garbage. Lol. Just kidding man. You're right. They can't handle the load of a 1/8th 4x4 and burn out real quick.
They work great in crawlers too.

I realize this thread is 3 weeks old, but I just had to chime in. They are not up to the task, considering when the Traxxas Erevo came out and used brushed motors, it used two 550 titans to push it around.

I realize this thread is 3 weeks old, but I just had to chime in. They are not up to the task, considering when the Traxxas Erevo came out and used brushed motors, it used two 550 titans to push it around.
As did the Summit initially, then they switched to the Titan 775. The Emaxx also ran on 2 Titan 550 motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back