Brushed motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys, quick question, on a brushed motor, what’s the highest turn motor u can buy that is still the 540 size?

540 size is just the dimensions of the motor. Turns has nothing to do with the size... just the speed. What’s the vehicle that you’re looking for? I can recommend you a motor.
This. Usually the esc is limited by turns though.

Ik that, it is a 2014 fury 2wd, has to be a 540
You can run a 550 with conservative gearing. It’ll bolt right up and plug into your esc :)

Currently traxxas’ titan 550 12t is your best option. Holmes made a fantastic trail master sport 550 12t but it’s not in production anymore. And the titan is an excuse of a 550 so it should give your esc no troubles. All it is is a 540 can with a fan on the end to make it look like a 550.

You can run a 550 with conservative gearing. It’ll bolt right up and plug into your esc :)

Currently traxxas’ titan 550 12t is your best option. Holmes made a fantastic trail master sport 550 12t but it’s not in production anymore. And the titan is an excuse of a 550 so it should give your esc no troubles. All it is is a 540 can with a fan on the end to make it look like a 550.
That Holmes Hobbies motor was always the one I suggested to people.

I would rather buy one of these before I would ever buy another Titan 550 12T though. https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-racing-hackmoto-v2-540-brushed-motor-13t-yea-mt-0012/p529870

If you are going to stick with brushed might as well buy something that is half decent and rebuildable.

That Holmes Hobbies motor was always the one I suggested to people.

I would rather buy one of these before I would ever buy another Titan 550 12T though. https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-racing-hackmoto-v2-540-brushed-motor-13t-yea-mt-0012/p529870

If you are going to stick with brushed might as well buy something that is half decent and rebuildable.
I was always all about the sealed cans (not talking about racing trucks) because I found I wore out the brushes on open cans (rebuildable) like 3 times as much.

I was always all about the sealed cans (not talking about racing trucks) because I found I wore out the brushes on open cans (rebuildable) like 3 times as much.

I haven't tried any of the lower turn motors but my 55T Yeah Racing motor in my SCX10 II is still on the stock brushes, it let out the magic smoke one day but somehow it still works. ?‍♂️

I haven't tried any of the lower turn motors but my 55T Yeah Racing motor in my SCX10 II is still on the stock brushes, it let out the magic smoke one day but somehow it still works. ?‍♂️
Ohhhh yup. That’s where we differ. All my rebuildable brushed experiences are with hi-po type motors like 12 and 10 turns.

Yeah but that’s nothing like the trail master sport 550 12t... they were so much better than the 540’s

Wait how’s that work lol, 550? In a 540 slot

A 540 and a 550 brushed motor are the same 36mm diameter so it bolts right up. The 550 motors are just longer.

The stock esc motor limit I believe on the stock Fury is a 15t 540 size or 12t 550 size motor. For a Short course truck I wouldn't go any higher turn motor than that. I had luck with the 12t Titan 550, the HPI 15t 540 Firebolt and the 17t 540 Reedy Radon any one of the three would be a good replacement IMO for the Fury. Like any motor you should monitor temps and may have to adjust gearing accordingly.

I would just go brushless. Even if you have the stock plastic gears just get a 3650 size 2700kv to 3100kv motor and a 60esc. A combo like that could be had pretty cheap.

IqUPPFe.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back