Senton Brushless 2050kv motor questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK73

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I have a 6S senton BLX 2050 KV motor. I have a couple of questions one is it better to just replace the motor if it's bad or should I try to open it up and clean it. The motor is extra loud and it seems as though the drive shaft has a lot of play in it. Several times the driveshaft has moved causing the pinion gear to grind up the red motor mount. If I do replace the motor is there any brands or Motors that you recommend or should I just replace it with an identical type motor. I'm happy with the amount of speed I get with this motor but I'm more interested in reliability and durability. my ESC and everything else is stock. What replacement motor can be installed with least amount of modifications as well as the best bang for your buck. Thanks for any input, this forum and all its members have been so helpful in the past.

Take it apart and check the motor bearings. If armature is ok just replace the bearings and get abec 5 or better for a motor. Or you can just replace it for like $40 on jennyrc

Take it apart and check the motor bearings. If armature is ok just replace the bearings and get abec 5 or better for a motor. Or you can just replace it for like $40 on jennyrc
This. And remember, don’t be scared. At the end of the day the motor is bricked if you can’t get it apart anyway. 3 small screws on the end bell and the shaft pulls out. Bearings are really cheap and if the motor is noisy that’s almost always the issue. Factory abec5 bearings will get you rolling. The whole process takes about 2 minutes to do (disassembly and examination) just make sure you keep track where the spacers and stuff go on the shaft.

Last edited:
Yep, and easy to work on;

Attachments

• IMG_2526 (2).JPG
    IMG_2526 (2).JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 53
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back