Granite Brushless 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangman66$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
hello hobbiest I was about to order the hobby wing max 10 with 3300. I was want to know if the stock pinion work with the motor and if not what do I need to make it work. Just wanted some info on if this like drop in ready deal.thank you

hello hobbiest I was about to order the hobby wing max 10 with 3300. I was want to know if the stock pinion work with the motor and if not what do I need to make it work. Just wanted some info on if this like drop in ready deal.thank you

From what I can tell, the hobbywing motor has a 5mm shaft so the answer would be no to the stock pinion. You would need a pinion with a 5mm bore.

What would be to best size to start with tooth count

You will probably need to order all the parts for the new blx motor module too. The stock spur gear is made of hardened cheese, I shredded 3 of them with an inexpensive amazon brushless combo and just went back to brushed until those are widely available.

What would be to best size to start with tooth count
I dropped the "Hobbywing 38010203 Max10 ESC Combo with 3652SL 3300KV Brushless Motor" from Amazon in the old granite on Thursday and took it on a 4 day camping trip, and it did great. It's got enough power to wheelie on 2s with a 17t pinion, which on the 3652 is still 3.175mm shaft. (The 3660 has a 5mm shaft) Temps never got over 170ish running in the grass. Everything else held together despite being completely stock. So far, not too shabby.

I plan on running a 2 Lipo and would a 5mm shaft cause a problem with the mounting and I don’t plan on running it hard till me son gets used to it. What gear pitch do i need for the pinion

5mm shaft is not a problem - just that the stock pinion is a 1/8" shaft, so you need a new one. The MEGA spur is 48p, so you need a 48p, 5mm bore pinion.

Amain stocks the Robonson Racing pinions in 48p,5mm bore. Smallest you can get with the 5mm bore is 17t, I think.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/robins...on-gear-5mm-bore-17t-rrp2017/p454470?v=218930

Edit - also, which Max10 combo are you looking at? The 3652 Max10 uses a 1/8" shaft motor, the Max10SCT 3660 uses the 5mm shaft.

The 5mm shaft is the one that a Main has in stock and I want to get the motor and esc together not separate if I can

4123F7B5-93A3-4164-9509-3AD6477B9E21.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back