Brushless Blx motor cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildP1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello
I got my old senton v1 blx motor. It's really dirty inside. Mud dirt everywhere inside the engine. Does anybody know how to clean it? I took it appart and the thing in the middle is dirty too. I might clean that with some wd40 or smth. I might get some electrical cleaner from the shop but I don't know if that good for the motor too. Thanks!
1503732201481-302847385.jpg
1503732246001659533276.jpg
1503732266421542704832.jpg
1503732201481-302847385.jpg
1503732246001659533276.jpg
1503732266421542704832.jpg

Electrical contact cleaner will not hurt the windings as it evaporates and leaves no residue. I would soak it so that it loosens up the dirt so you can then lightly blow it out.
What you don't want to do is damage those thin wires (the windings) so I suggest you use a soft paint brush to help get the dirt out....because it has been sitting for a while it may have absorbed some moisture so you could put it in the oven to dry out if you feel for about 10 mins on about 140 degrees C....
You won't hurt it just let it get warm enough to touch and then take it out.
I am an automotive /electrician by trade and have worked with electric motors for more than 20 years... So If you know how to use a multi meter you could also measure the resistance of the windings to see what the values are...The tails should not be shorted to the frame/can and between each tail (cables of the motor)should be fairly equal.
I cannot remember the values but it should be in ohms..
The underlying problem is how all the dirt got in there...it would have to be the endcap is not sealing correctly. I usually put a smear of grease on the flange of the end cap as a water barrier...you could also use liquid tape as a waterproofing method. Again this will not harm the motor and is easily removed for maintenance.
I hope this helps..cheers

Electrical contact cleaner will not hurt the windings as it evaporates and leaves no residue. I would soak it so that it loosens up the dirt so you can then lightly blow it out.
What you don't want to do is damage those thin wires (the windings) so I suggest you use a soft paint brush to help get the dirt out....because it has been sitting for a while it may have absorbed some moisture so you could put it in the oven to dry out if you feel for about 10 mins on about 140 degrees C....
I am an automotive /electrician by trade and have worked with electric motors for more than 20 years... So If you know how to use a multi meter you could also measure the resistance of the windings to see what the values are...The tails should not be shorted to the frame/can and between each tail (cables of the motor)should be fairly equal.
The underlying problem is how all the dirt got in there...it would have to be the endcap is not sealing correctly. I usually put a smear of grease on the flange of the end cap as a water barrier...you could also use liquid tape as a waterproofing method. Again this will not harm the motor and is easily removed for maintenance.
Thanks for the answer!
I will measure the resistance and write the combinations down and see if anything has changed after the cleaning. The motor looks completely dry, I think I won't put it in the oven. Thanks again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back