Fazon Brushless Fazon Voltage build and review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricpar88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Voltage
Ok guys/gals I'm new to this forum here and I have been playing with my fazon voltage since November 2018. It was $100 on eBay so it was a perfect price to get my girlfriend involved in RC.

After playing with the Voltage in comparison to my brushed Rusty, I saw that it was "OK" fun. My girlfriend enjoyed it very much but had become nearly an expert at driving it so I decided it was time for THE upgrade.

Due to the fact that she would be wrecking this vehicle often, I honestly tried to keep the overall cost as low as possible. First the ESC/Rx combo and motor was removed and replaced with the 4300kv/9T Orange eBay brushless combo($37.00). Stock pinion was reused.

Next a GoolRC Rc3 Rx/TX was installed ($27.00) followed by a Turn metal gear servo ($12.00)

The overall cost of the car at this time is still far below $200.00 and was amazing!!! Far more fun than the Rustler!!! But being that I happen to have some 5000 3S batteries laying around, I just had to give it a shot!!!

Let me tell you this thing is so much more fun than my SuperMaxx, Rusty, or my dual brushless 3906 Emaxx!!! Not just wheelie on demand, BUT BACKFLIPS ON DEMAND!!!

The tires became very worn and had to be replaced so I went with a larger and softer tire last week. The Duratrax 2.8 Hatchet. Now this thing is even more fun.

The transmitter has 3 throttle settings on it so I can put it on "low mode" for her to drive it but I can switch to Medium or High when we go to the parking lot for speed runs.

Zero issues or failures thus far with any part of the vehicle. Excluding the body which was expected and the body posts. The steering arm does pop off the ball at the tire occasionally after a moderate impact. But that's all. This has been the most fun rc build I have ever done so far.

Anyone know of a compatible wheelie bar for this thing that is a bolt on?

Are there any bodies that are out there that fit the voltage series? Other than stock.

Holy smokes, 3S and LiPo and brushless?

No reliability issues? You have not stripped a single differential outdrive? That’s flat out miraculous.

Wheelie bar from TBR here.

Any 1/10 body will fit, you just have to trim it out accordingly and may need to make new holes for the body mount posts.

Body mounts cam be adjusted up or down to fit your application. All the Fazon and Granite bodies are also interchangeable.

Holy smokes, 3S and LiPo and brushless?

No reliability issues? You have not stripped a single differential outdrive? That’s flat out miraculous.

Wheelie bar from TBR here.

Any 1/10 body will fit, you just have to trim it out accordingly and may need to make new holes for the body mount posts.

Body mounts cam be adjusted up or down to fit your application. All the Fazon and Granite bodies are also interchangeable.

No issues to speak of this far. And thanks for the link for the wheelie bar. That's better than I can Fab up myself. And also the rustler truggy body fits well after I drilled new holes.

I ordered some "universal" aluminum body posts that I'll see about modifying to fit as well.

Ok guys/gals I'm new to this forum here and I have been playing with my fazon voltage since November 2018. It was $100 on eBay so it was a perfect price to get my girlfriend involved in RC.

After playing with the Voltage in comparison to my brushed Rusty, I saw that it was "OK" fun. My girlfriend enjoyed it very much but had become nearly an expert at driving it so I decided it was time for THE upgrade.

Due to the fact that she would be wrecking this vehicle often, I honestly tried to keep the overall cost as low as possible. First the ESC/Rx combo and motor was removed and replaced with the 4300kv/9T Orange eBay brushless combo($37.00). Stock pinion was reused.

Next a GoolRC Rc3 Rx/TX was installed ($27.00) followed by a Turn metal gear servo ($12.00)

The overall cost of the car at this time is still far below $200.00 and was amazing!!! Far more fun than the Rustler!!! But being that I happen to have some 5000 3S batteries laying around, I just had to give it a shot!!!

Let me tell you this thing is so much more fun than my SuperMaxx, Rusty, or my dual brushless 3906 Emaxx!!! Not just wheelie on demand, BUT BACKFLIPS ON DEMAND!!!

The tires became very worn and had to be replaced so I went with a larger and softer tire last week. The Duratrax 2.8 Hatchet. Now this thing is even more fun.

The transmitter has 3 throttle settings on it so I can put it on "low mode" for her to drive it but I can switch to Medium or High when we go to the parking lot for speed runs.

Zero issues or failures thus far with any part of the vehicle. Excluding the body which was expected and the body posts. The steering arm does pop off the ball at the tire occasionally after a moderate impact. But that's all. This has been the most fun rc build I have ever done so far.

Anyone know of a compatible wheelie bar for this thing that is a bolt on?

Are there any bodies that are out there that fit the voltage series? Other than stock.
Can you link to the brushless ESC/motor kit you are using?

From what I read and see, you are using the stock 19 tooth Fazon pinion with 2.8" MT Granite Voltage sized wheels and tires, is that right?

Dropping the pinion down to the smaller size would certainly alleviate the engine heat some.

Dropping the pinion down to the smaller size would certainly alleviate the engine heat some.

I do believe you're correct and I do have a 16t pinion on the way. Soon as it arrives I will install and post results. I'm also cutting out an aluminum motor mount for a better selection of gears.

How are you going to mount that and the chassis?

As tacky as it sounds I'm going to look at and measure the factory motor mounts and find which hole to keep on the lower portion. Then I will simply Dremel out an arch for where the motor can be adjusted.

Then use a piece of aluminum cut in the same manner. I will use JB weld to secure it. I know it doesn't sound that great but I think this is the only option.

As tacky as it sounds I'm going to look at and measure the factory motor mounts and find which hole to keep on the lower portion. Then I will simply Dremel out an arch for where the motor can be adjusted.

Then use a piece of aluminum cut in the same manner. I will use JB weld to secure it. I know it doesn't sound that great but I think this is the only option.
Pics of the work?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back