Granite Brushless Granite 4x4 Speed Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
AC080320-AB24-44CC-AE6A-06F3A0AA53C4.png

Mods:
  • Castle Mamba-X ESC
  • Castle 1410-3800Kv brushless sensored motor
  • Arrma 32P 57T spur
  • Arrma 32P 17T pinion
  • Lectron Pro 3s LiPo 5200mAh 50C
  • Rear diff input shaft mod
  • Upgraded steering servo
  • Proline Trenchers
  • Spektrum DX3 transmitter and receiver
I set the steering dual rate to -50% to help keep control. Tie wrapped an old iPhone 6 to the roof and ran a speedometer app. Max speed 43.4 mph. The front wheels were slightly hovering off the ground at WOT. This little Granite scoots :)

Right around there. Any faster would be too much for my skill level and too fast for where I run it.

That is awesome! I did a speed run a few weeks back and got 39mph out of mine on 2S. I still need to do a speed run with my wife's granite, I think hers is a bit faster than mine.

Right around there. Any faster would be too much for my skill level and too fast for where I run it.

You guys are crazy when it comes to speed!

I just picked up my 17T Absolute pinions to try out...that's a 21.5% increase over what I've been using, so that will strap my phone down to that and see.

That is awesome! I did a speed run a few weeks back and got 39mph out of mine on 2S. I still need to do a speed run with my wife's granite, I think hers is a bit faster than mine.

What's your setup? Are you running a stock 48p 91t spur? I'm running 32p gears and my ratio is 3.35. On the stock spur you would need to run a 27t pinion for the same gearing. I'm just curious how you got almost 40 mph on 2s. That's impressive.

How did your trenchers do above 40? My we're terrible, balloon to the max and no steering. I was thinking that was about the limit for those. I'm about to get some proline slicks and a tire balancer for my next speed run.

How did your trenchers do above 40? My we're terrible, balloon to the max and no steering. I was thinking that was about the limit for those. I'm about to get some proline slicks and a tire balancer for my next speed run.

Not good at all. They really balloon at speed and make steering extemely difficult. But at the end of the day the Granite is a monster truck and I'd rather have traction in the dirt then on the road. And I'm not doing 40+ in the dirt, lol. I really love the tires for bashing in the woods. They hookup fantasicly well.

What did you change from the 43mph run?
RIP phone.

Nothing except where I did it. This time I was on a very wide and straight road with a ton of room. The Granite on Proline Trenchers is squirrelly as hell on the road. So I need a lot of room so I can make small corrections. I also need distance because it will wheelie at 3/4 throttle if I just go 100% too quickly. I didn't have either on my first runs and always had to get off the throttle before I ran off my driveway.

By the way, just tested my Kraton with the larger pinion on 4s and could only get to 41.4 mph. My Granite is King of the Hill until I drop the 6s in :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back