Granite Brushless Granite Mega Rebuild | Which motor should I use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Limitless
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Voltage
So I picked up a used Granite Mega 4x4 brushed for 100 bucks and I am throwing spare parts in it to make it kinda close performance wise to my Granite BLX. I have put in the BLX diffs, arrma 15kg servo, and BLX outdrive shafts and I have the BLX stock aluminum motor mount with BLX slipper and stock spur and I got lots of 32p pinions I can try out.

So as far as motors/esc I have a few 3650s laying around and a 60a brushless hobbywing esc try with it, but can go with my 3s BLX esc if it won't cut it when I upgrade my BLX to 180a and 4s capability. I am hoping to get close to the same performance or at least 75% of the performance my BLX has on 2s. I have a 3100kv, 3900kv, and 4300kv motors in 3650 size to try. So which motor/pinion combo you think would be my best chance for success? And do note I don't want to have it be faster than my stock BLX, I am treating this as my spare/loaner for when I go bashing with friends and get them hooked on the hobby if they aren't into it yet so I still want it to be fairly tame but not slow.

I worry the esc and 3650 motors are going to be too small to push this truck reliably but it's all I got motor wise to work with for now.

^ he’s right but I suspect that’s one of those Chinese 60 amp escs. If that’s the case it’ll take a 3650 just fine. I’d use the 3100kv. Slower than your granite and less stress on the esc.

WELL I'M A SUPER DUPER RC GUY WIOTHJ ALL THE KNOWLEDGE MY DUDE! YOU NEED 2400KV MAN THAT'S ALL WRONG. CALL ME WHEN IT CRASHES SO I CAN SAY HAHAHA!

Oh sorry. That's how I was treated when I proposed taking my already broken Granite and throwing 4s in it just to see how fast I could get it going and I got poop all over for it. Enjoy your stay here with the rocket scientists. But seriously; Good luck man. I hope you have fun and a much much better experience than I did.
Chiiiiineeeese Amps!!!
^ he’s right but I suspect that’s one of those Chinese 60 amp escs. If that’s the case it’ll take a 3650 just fine. I’d use the 3100kv. Slower than your granite and less stress on the esc.
Chiiiiineeeese Amps!!!

WELL I'M A SUPER DUPER RC GUY WIOTHJ ALL THE KNOWLEDGE MY DUDE! YOU NEED 2400KV MAN THAT'S ALL WRONG. CALL ME WHEN IT CRASHES SO I CAN SAY HAHAHA!

Oh sorry. That's how I was treated when I proposed taking my already broken Granite and throwing 4s in it just to see how fast I could get it going and I got poop all over for it. Enjoy your stay here with the rocket scientists. But seriously; Good luck man. I hope you have fun and a much much better experience than I did.
Chiiiiineeeese Amps!!!

Chiiiiineeeese Amps!!!
You're really going for it! ? I applaud the effort ?

The hobbywing 60a and the 3100kv 3650 motor made out of spaceage chinesium alloy seem to be working fine and power seems to be right where I was hoping to get. Ran two packs so far so good, we'll see how long it lasts.?

Chinese 60a 3650 3100kv chinesium alloy power!!! :LOL:

STIpM56.jpg

I realize this is over a year old but in a similar scenario. I have a cheap chinese 45amp esc and a 3650 3300KV motor from a ZD racing truck that I cannot find parts for and is broken as well as a 540 sized 4300KV GoolRC motor. I want to get my second Mega 4x4 back up. I only plan running 2s and really only upgraded to the HD inputs. I'm thinking the only real option would be the 3300KV. But would I want to change stock pinion? Really don't want to spend much if anything. This was originally a parts truck but I never really broke anything on the main truck. Want to get it going for my son.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back