Brushless Motor and ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that is a 2-pole motor there will be no problem using the stock gearing
(Edit: the Amazon links confirms this)
However since this comes close to the 4000kV 45A ESC from the BLS version, you could have a look to the gearing of that Fury: 22t/87T
So it is only invest in a 48dp 22t motor-pinion.

And maybe a even larger one is possible, hence it does fit.
The pitch distance from center motor axle to center spur gear is off course limited in the minimum and maximum offset

Last edited:
If performance is what you are after i would go with the 4pole for torque. The blue one is only 2pole and seems to not have enough "umph" at the apex of large jumps to help with distance jumps.

No, i destroyed my diff this past weekend. I just got it back together yesterday. it'll still be a few days.
On that same note. If all you are choosing is between 2 and 4 personally im working my way up on the fact that jumping from the brushed to 39kv brushless is a big jump.
My perspective is telling me 4pole on 2s wont tear the truck up. But im not sure.

That is exactly the same jump from a MEGA to a BLS in the Arrma category and they don't change any of the other parts.

Yeshish...the mega and bls has same everything except for the brushless its a 39kv 2pole not a 4pole...like in the blx 36kv4p... 4pole has much better torque can usually take 3s better. More likely to break a diff or axels but youll get the extra boost off a ramp.

If you want go to an 8th scale buggy track with your truck youll need 4pole for sure(probably want to do 3s and blx trans too). If you want to just drive and get around quick... do single ramps grass and offroad trails go for the 2pole.

Really tho i just bought both. Eventually one will break and ill need to switch um out. the fact ive put 50packs through my 20 dollar brushless and its still gives power i want is amazing to me .... a 20 dollar brushed motor would provably not do that

That is exactly the same jump from a MEGA to a BLS in the Arrma category and they don't change any of the other parts.

Let me ask you this what kind of batteries do you imaging yourself using nihm 2s 3s...6s, you should talk to thomas.

And what kind of surface is your "forte" gonna be

I will use Nimh and then go up to 2s lipo in the future. My forte surface is bmx tracks, grass and pavement "basher"

If u stay with nihm then get the 4pole. You wont have any issues. 2s im unsure. But either are a fine upgrade

Mrbelloso, I've used and do use Neewer motors, I've not used their esc's. I've had the 2 pole, 380 in a 540 sized brushless motor, 60A hobby power esc, hobby wing program card. Great combo! The esc and program card still work, I burned the motor up on 3s after 15mins of non stop bashing in my ruckus. I had to water proof the esc and motor but, worked great! I also had the Neewer 3100kv 4 pole, it lasted 3 months, paired with 2s and a 120A hobby wing esc. And I'm still waiting for the 2350kv Neewer 550 to arrive through Amazon. You might want too look on eBay for a Neewer motor and order a esc and program card from Amazon?
Hope this helps.....

Yes i have had good luck with my neweer motor as well however i have had good luck with 3s power too. I ran at least 15 packs for pavement runs over 30min. haven't had the nerve to test my transmission on a dirt track with 3s.

Mrbelloso is wanting to use nihm and 2s power, so i could easily imagine 5~7 months of bashing with somthing like that setup. Could go for more kv like a 4700 but also would lead to heat issues offroad plus that torque loss would be real with those different motors.

I think that is a good choice.

Just buy some liquid tape for it.
Maybe some 20lbs m3 tape
I like deans but maybe some new connectors.

You wont have to do much for that motor esc combo but if you want to go the extra mile a heat gun and making sure you are around 130ish after 10 min will ensure a long life for your motor

Sorry for bringing this up again. Could you post what brand and specs are you running in your brushless 2WD 1/10 cars.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing this up again. Could you post what brand and specs are you running in your brushless 2WD 1/10 cars.

Thanks
Yeah I really like the 120a hobbywing esc. I find 60a to be lack luster for 10 scale. Primarily due to the fact a high end 3656 motor can take up to 80a to give it all it's got. Doesn't mean it won't work, but rather not have to worry about it. So having an overpowered esc to me is like having a computer cpu with a lot of power. For 60 bucks haven't seen a better buy.

Motors are consumeables to me...until I find the exact kv I wanna run. In my arrma I run a rocket racing motor (just a rebranded cheapy) was 30 bucks for the 3656 3800kv it has worked for about a year and a half till it started clicking. Still runs fine but it has a tick. Luckily I choose the right kv right off the bat. So my next motor will probably be the castle 3800kv.

my lcg 2wd slash I put a 2200kv 3674 size cheap brushless with 4s. However I found after 30-40min I'm still running cool, hardly warm (the motor is rated to 21v while only using 14v) so my next purchase will be a cheap 2600kv 3674 brushless off amazon for about 30 bucks and see how it performs after that.... Guessing about a 8mph gain. Side note it lasted about a year and a half too before it started clicking. regardless, until I find the right rpm I won't commit to an expensive motor....Except for project money converted t maxx pit. I purchased a hobbywing sensored 4274 1800kv brushless and a monster x mamba.

Looking back at my money pit project convertedmaxx I wished I would have bought a hobbywing150a esc and a castle sensorless motor. Something along the lines of 1500kv...I like hobbwing escs because they don't make me feel stupid they hook right up and it's easy to connect a controller, not to say it's hard on castle escs but it's ways easier on a hobbywing. Also hobbywing escs feel more responsive because of the simplicity as opposed to the sophisticated castle.
I like castles motors better, hobbywing shafts seem loose in comparison. tho they end up at the same speed it seems as if castle motors have a touch more torque. .but things were bought decisions were made.... Not giving up

There is my 2 cents

Yep, not exactly this motor though.

I've had the 4370kv, 2-pole, which is pretty low on torque and also a heat monster. Did pretty well in a 1/10 drifter and for light onroad use ... came with a 45A ESC. Pretty good combo if you can keep it cool. It was about 75°C (167F) in my TT-02, but 125°C (257F) in the buggy! This eventually fried the motor. Bought the same one again and put it in a drifter. Works very well there and stays cool.

I also had the 3100kv 4-pole with a 60A ESC ... and that one is actually really good, even though it's really cheap. I used it in a 1/10 buggy and a lightweight 1/10 shortcourse. And this one ran pretty cool ... highest I got it was 75°C (167F) in some really tough bashing ... normally it runs about 60°C (140F). Never had it causing problems.

Reading the description ist seems like the ESC might do 4S, but the motor is only rated 3S ... so I wouldn't run this on 4S to be honest :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back