Brushless Motor Wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I have a new Surpass 3670/2850 motor coming later today. The wires on my BLX100 ESC are colored orange, yellow, and blue. From the picture of the motor, I see the wires are colored red, yellow, and black. I know the BLX100 ESC has markings for A, B, and C in addition to the colors, but from the picture on the new motor I don't see any markings. If the motor comes without markings, how do I match up the wires?

If it's a sensor less motor just plug it in. If it goes backwards just swap any two wires over.

If it's a sensor less motor just plug it in. If it goes backwards just swap any two wires over.
I know it may not matter in a sensorless motor, but I would prefer to get it right the first time. I think I may have found the right answer myself. I didn't notice it before, but I found that each of the A, B, and C markings on the body of the ESC has a color code: B is coded yellow, and C is coded red. A is colored blue on the ESC, so since the other two motor wires match up I have to assume that blue on the ESC equates to black on the motor. It's just another stupid thing that Spektrum does that deviates from the standard. I should know for sure in a few hours when the motor arrives.

That’s cool, but it still might go backwards, then just switch any 2 and it will be going in the other direction. I know that a lot of remote transmitters have a reverse feature, but I’ve been told that’s not always the best way to reverse the motor. Switching the wires is better. 😁👍🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back