Brushless question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smtraub

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have a slash 4x4 platinum that has a velineon vxl3s brushless system. My son runs the fury now and wants brushless in it. I am thinking about giving him the velineon system (motor and esc) and going with a different brushless system for the slash.

What would I need to change out on the fury if I did this? (Spur gear, pinion gear at minimum)

Suggestions and thoughts welcome!

To start off, I'd run the stock pinion/spur gears and see how it runs and adjust from there depending on the results. If it's a 2014 or newer Fury, it has plastic gears in the transmission, so at some point a BLX transmission will be in order. See: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/upgrade-mega-bls-plastic-transmission-to-blx-metal.596/

I put a BLX trans in my Fury with the new brushless motor. My son's Raider, I left the stock trans in it with a Castle 4600Kv, as kind of a science experiment to see how long it lives...lol

I'm still running all the stock gears in my fury after installing the castle creations sct combo, I did have to drill out and add a longer pin to the gear #310418

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    998.8 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back