Granite Brushless Sounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hey everyone,

I've noticed from the very beginning that my brushless granite consistently makes very uncomfortable sounds when pulling the throttle too hard, although my gear mesh is set correctly and the gears aren't damaged. It's a very high pitched sound, which made me think it's the motor. Anyways is that okay? I don't really care it makes the sound, I'm just really scared to push the throttle any hard because of it

It's just fine it's what's called cogging. You can look up what cogging is for more details but it's due to the motor being sensorless.

It’s probably the slipper clutch it might be a little loose from the factory it shouldn’t be a problem unless it slips under light driving. The granite should still wheelie, if the clutch is slipping so much that it doesn’t wheelie it will over heat the hubs and the screw can back out.

otherwise the sound is normal and let’s you know everything is working properly.

It’s probably the slipper clutch it might be a little loose from the factory it shouldn’t be a problem unless it slips under light driving. The granite should still wheelie, if the clutch is slipping so much that it doesn’t wheelie it will over heat the hubs and the screw can back out.

otherwise the sound is normal and let’s you know everything is working properly.
Well I'm running it on 2S and it's a Hobbywing system, I didn't get a single wheelie yet though. Thermals and everything's completely A-OK. I tightened the slipper yesterday, nearly max.

On 2s it’s harder to get wheelies but still possible.
The sweet spot (for me) for slipper tightness is around 1/4 of a turn from tight.

Well I'm running it on 2S and it's a Hobbywing system, I didn't get a single wheelie yet though. Thermals and everything's completely A-OK. I tightened the slipper yesterday, nearly max.
My Mega didn't start wheelie-ing until i put in a 3s battery and BLX gearing(Onyx 3000kv). The stock 48P gear ratio wasn't torquey enough unless i was in grass.

Back