Brushless System for Granite 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriMan123456789

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello! Just getting back into RC... Looking to get a brushless system for my granite 4x4... any recommendations for budget options? GoolRC currently has my interest peaked. I'm also curious what KV motor I should aim for. One more thing... I recently started using some Hoovo 2s 5200 LiPos and while the power output is higher, the runtime is shorter than what the stock NiCd pack produced... any advice? Thanks!

Hello! Just getting back into RC... Looking to get a brushless system for my granite 4x4... any recommendations for budget options? GoolRC currently has my interest peaked. I'm also curious what KV motor I should aim for. One more thing... I recently started using some Hoovo 2s 5200 LiPos and while the power output is higher, the runtime is shorter than what the stock NiCd pack produced... any advice? Thanks!
Do you own a V2 or V3 Granite Mega? Just wanted to mention that if you have a V2, you'll need to upgrade some of the drivetrain parts to handle the brushless power (motor mount, slipper, diff input gears & diffs, wheel hexes)

Do you own a V2 or V3 Granite Mega? Just wanted to mention that if you have a V2, you'll need to upgrade some of the drivetrain parts to handle the brushless power (motor mount, slipper, diff input gears & diffs, wheel hexes)
I have the V3. I'm not looking for crazy more power, just a bit more scoot than the stock 12T. Do you have a recommendation for brushless motor size and KV rating? I've seen mixed info as what to run in the Granites to avoid overheating but still have vroom vroom.

@BriMan123456789, not always in stock and depends on where you live how budget friendly it will be, but Jennysrc.com sells brand new stock systems at a fraction of the cost. No warranty but also no hassle with mounting either. You can pick up a brand new 3s motor and esc for under $100 and it bolts right in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back