Limitless BSR foams shore for speedruns help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I'm planning to buy some foam tires. As the title says which foam tires shore do you use for speedruns? I'm torn between XX Pink and Purple. Other option is Gone Bananas but believe it or not I have no FB account and I won't be creating one just for that (silly way for selling IMHO) Thanks in advance for your responses.

A lot of people run exactly what you listed either the xx pink or purple set. I just switched to the purple from Hoons but have only ran a couple 4s 81mph passes so can't give any conclusion or real input yet.

Most of my experience with foams relates to 1/10 scale.
I had tried some BSR 25 shore and 38 shore. The 25 shore didn't "feel" like it had any more grip, but destroyed it self very quickly. The 38 shore held up easily 3x better. With foams that is a big deal because they are sensitive to rocks and debris on the road causing "chunking" of the tire.

For 1/8 scale I tried double pink BSRs on the Typhon 6s as well as Purples and didn't have issues with either other than lack of grip compared to GRP ;) All the top speed runners stick with and recommend purples so I would imagine it is best to stick with one shore rating so you get used to it.

This may be helpful also:

View attachment 131620
Liberty shared this in my build thread and I found it helpful. Based on this I got BSR purples, but I only have one pass on them and they’re my first experience with foams so time will tell. But I know lots of fast guys run them!

Edit: don’t miss the attachment in the quote; it shows how much harder purples are than XX pinks.

Sorry have to ask. What is "shore" in relation to rc tyres? Never heard it used. Is it the compound hardness?

Nice graph that may help others for informational purposes.

color to shore value Capture.JPG

I'm planning to buy some foam tires. As the title says which foam tires shore do you use for speedruns? I'm torn between XX Pink and Purple. Other option is Gone Bananas but believe it or not I have no FB account and I won't be creating one just for that (silly way for selling IMHO) Thanks in advance for your responses.
"Pink? Why do I have to be Mr. Pink? I don't want to be Mr. Pink. And I am against tipping waitresses at a diner".

rotauq,

You are, correct and I apologize for my typo. I was going to not use the quotes but I decided if someone recognized any part of it, like you, they would guess the source. But, to be more precise, it dialog went something like this:

"Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!

Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.

Eddie: You don't tip?

Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.

Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?

Eddie: You know what these chicks make? They make s**t.

Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.

Eddie: I don't even know a fiddlesticking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?

Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.

Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.

Eddie: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your d**k?

Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that."

I just wrote quickly, but if I had not included the quotes, it would have looked like I wrote the scene. Great movie though.

Cheers, Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back