Big Rock budget big rock 4S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, it already didn't look too happy with the 3660. I have the punch turned down and ease into it slowly. I get on a plane at 5am tomorrow anyways so if I break it today or not I wouldn't play with it for weeks.

In that case, let 'er rip!!

spur held up fine but I tried bringing the nose up on a jump and while I don't think I landed "on-power" exactly, everything still had plenty of inertia when the rear wheels hit and BAM! I then had a FWD senton!

Yup. Sheared the input. So now swap to the HD input, so you can strip the spur. :)

Yeah, we've all been down this road. I am weird, though, and stripped the spur before I broke the diff input.

Found blx diffs/inputs on ebay. Don't know why I didn't think to check there until now. Might have to get the spur there too unless it arrives before I get home.

Are they the 13t BLX inputs? If yes, you need to buy the matching 37T ring gear. The internals are the same, no need to buy those, you can move them from your old diffs into the new ones.

They are complete 37T diffs with the... don't want to call them housings exactly but whatever holds the diff in the bulk. Everything internal is there. 20 a pop then it's 9 bucks for a pair of 13T inputs.

Well I'm not home yet but I ordered some parts. Found some old stock of 14mm stablemaxx wheels. Going to be much better than the stock maxx wheels but still might want to use something else later to get just a bit wider... hopefully all my blx3s parts will be at the lhs when I get home si I can test it out soon after.

I didn't want purple but the truck is my 5yo daughters after all so I let her pick the color.

Attachments

• 20181126_104738.jpg
    20181126_104738.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back