Budget ESC for Arrma Granite BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drabina

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Could you guys recommend a budget friendly brushless ESC to replace the stock one in Arrma Granite? The stock one has a terrible delay that's driving me crazy. I have the orange version and my friend just bought the latest version and the ESC also has a delay so don't want to go with Arrma branded one.

HW 10BL120 or SCT 10? IDK whats best for your driving.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/collections/quicrun-brushless-system

What radio you got? Coud be poor radio performance, with extreme latency, not necessarily the ESC. Yet some ESC's do suck. I never heard of Arrma ESC's doing this however. Both you and your friends. One a Spektrum, one an older Arrma variant? Both using the same radio? or not?

Edit:
Try a rebind and then calibrate the ESC to the Radio again.
Alternatively, call HH and see if a Radio and/or ESC warranty replacement may help you. Your call.
RTR Radio's are usually the culprit when it comes to lame Throttle response. A rebind and calibration might help. Worth a try first. Perhaps a better radio is in order.
Rx antenna placement is key also. Needs to be pointed straight up and high as possible in its antenna tube. Signal glitch can impede thr. response also.

Edited.

Last edited:
Best deal for sure. Just no warranty. But I have used non HW USA ESC's with success before. Have 2 Global version HW 10BL120's, sensored. Work great. Just cant be warranteed by HWUSA. They clearly state this. I wonder why they wont do that.??? :unsure:

Best deal for sure. Just no warranty. But I have used non HW USA ESC's with success before. Have 2 Global version HW 10BL120's, sensored. Work great. Just cant be warranteed by HWUSA. They clearly state this. I wonder why they wont do that.??? :unsure:
Probably the same reason why you can't warranty a BLX esc through Hobbywing.

+1 on @SrC 's comment about the radio being the issue possibly.
I had really bad lag and sometimes no response at all from the ESC. Changed to an aftermarket radio and the problem went away.
Also gained some better low throttle control that the car was missing using the RTR radio.

Never had any delay issues with the standard BLX100. You can pick them up at Jennys for about $45. Other than that the MAX10SCT is very good but more expensive. I agree…radio is probably to blame for the delay. The old STX2 had horrible delay…and bad range….

If the OP has an STX2....there is your answer.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Got 3 of them. Worse than a Newbright Toy RC radio. Not joking.:LOL:
Some don't like the SLT3's. They can even be a mixed bag.:unsure: IDK for sure.....

Thanks for replies. I swapped the STX2 radio and receiver with a radio that came with my Arrma Fury (ATX100). Will check the antenna and reset. Maybe that's going to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back