Mojave Budget fender/dust cover solution for Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windshield is a must to keep the nose down approaching 50mph. I left the side windows open. In stock trim the rear louvered vents can't expel the air coming through the open windshield. So the nose wants to rise. ST gets compromised easily at speed. I run 6s also with stock electrics and the 16T pinion. Always cool. I have never went thermal cut. Not once ever. Even in hot temps. I have a PH double turbo fans/HS setup on the stocker 2050 motor. I use the optional fan standoffs to raise the fans above the HS FWIW. Opened up one fan hole of the cockpit above the motor. Im sure opening up the other hole would even work better? And may help better with some of the Parachuting effect? But the Mojo doesn't seem to suffer this much like all other 1/10 scale SCT do.
Using the Scorched Rc liners also.

Last edited:
Only issue will be heat.
Jconcepts made an inner cover for my Tekno Mt. I didn't like it. Ran way too hot. I kept modding it, vented it in so many places that in the end it let too much debris in anyway. But many have used buggy bodies or similar as an underbody.
Closed wheeled rigs just collect dirt. It is what it is. The Scortched RC fenders are probably the best compromise if anything. I tried the T-Bone front Mojave guards. They were useless also. Wasted my money.

Edited.

I did open up the one fan hole above the motor for air egress to keep the Mojave from lifting at speed, and the motor cooling effect. I also added a Lexan windshield. Keeps the nose planted more.

View attachment 173084

View attachment 173085

Have you had any issues with those Deans T-plugs yet?:)
I gave up on them. A few melted on me running 6s.
Sorry, I missed your post..
Strangely I haven't had any issues with the deans connectors. I have read of many people having issues with them melting.. IDK. My first brushless came with them and I've used them ever since. Have thought about switching but it would be an extensive process at this point with a half dozen rigs and many batts to do so.. plus I suck at soldering😆

I was using the Original Deans plugs back in the day. The most popular plug at the time. Great for nimpacks and 2s lipos only. Still XT60's would be better these days for 2s.
SInce the original Deans patent expired some time ago, they are called T-plugs and copied versions of the original. Far from Deans original materials and quality. They have been known to fail. Wear out fast, intemittent outages, etc. They are Only rated for 60 amps!!!! Just not correct for your application..:(
T-Plugs these days are used because they are very cheap. And used where they should not be used amp wise. You will hardly even see an Original Deans Ultra Plug these days on anything. Cheap brands use copies. (just called generic T-plugs)
Make the investment and change all out. Learn soldering or pay a LHS to upgrade you to XT90's or EC5's. Well worth the investment IMHO.
Just my very best advice.
I would hate for you to have fires, shorts, lost ESC's and lipos. Rig/ESC/lipo Fires suck. Been there. Ends up being a total loss.
:cool:

Last edited:
I'm guilty of buying the already made ones, but I love and we need more threads like this one...

Thank you for sharing..
I agree with the common opinion that the scorched fenders are likely the most effective, but my wallet says go Fred Sanford and make ur own😂

What works for you is only what matters.(y) It's always great to be creative and modd RC's to your advantage.

Just that those T-Plugs are a liability.;)

I was using the Original Deans plugs back in the day. The most popular plug at the time. Great for nimpacks and 2s lipos only. Still XT60's would be better these days for 2s.
SInce the original Deans patent expired some time ago, they are called T-plugs and copied versions of the original. Far from Deans original materials and quality. They have been known to fail. Wear out fast, intemittent outages, etc. They are Only rated for 60 amps!!!! Just not correct for your application..:(
T-Plugs these days are used because they are very cheap. And used where they should not be used amp wise. You will hardly even see an Original Deans Ultra Plug these days on anything. Cheap brands use copies. (just called generic T-plugs)
Make the investment and change all out. Learn soldering or pay a LHS to upgrade you to XT90's or EC5's. Well worth the investment IMHO.
Just my very best advice.
I would hate for you to have fires, shorts, lost ESC's and lipos. Rig/ESC/lipo Fires suck. Been there. Ends up being a total loss.
:cool:
I know ur right AND I know I'm lazy, and cheap, and broke..😆 but seriously a fire would change my mind too late.
Have you seen the new deans HT?
Admittedly my connectors are all knockoffs straight from the boat.. I gotta get some real connectors.
What works for you is only what matters.(y) It's always great to be creative and modd RC's to your advantage.

Just that those T-Plugs are a liability.;)
Deans HT not really new..same design with high temp plastic.

Deans HT are just High temp rated. Same packaging/size. Temp means nothing. The low grade copies were using poor plastics. Hence they melted. Now Deans offers HT as a marketting tool to get back in the game. Deans are far from the best any longer. Maybe 25 years ago they were the bomb. Tech. has advanced with Higher amped ESC's and lipos. Need the right connectors for the job. Don't be pennywise pound foolish.
Not faulting. Just trying to steer you right, with info in hand.:)
HT variant is still only 60 amp rated. (75amp burst) Only for 12-16 guage wires. Just because many cheap RC brands of lipos and ESC's still use them, doesn't make them correct. The RC industry can be very loose and unregulated in this way.
Just Not correct for your app. IMHO.

Edited.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back