Typhon Budget speedrun combo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusieski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys Im
Building a new stretched typhon for fun. Im not trying to break records. Id love to see triple digits i was just curious if this was a budget combo that could get me there. I have a 300 dollar budget so just seeing what you guys think? I can find a used blx185 system for around 150 and same as a new 150a firma system what you guys think Thanks alot

Hey guys Im
Building a new stretched typhon for fun. Im not trying to break records. Id love to see triple digits i was just curious if this was a budget combo that could get me there. I have a 300 dollar budget so just seeing what you guys think? I can find a used blx185 system for around 150 and same as a new 150a firma system what you guys think Thanks alot
I'm not a speedrunner and I could be wrong on this...so wait for the speedrunners. It seems to me guys that speed run uses HW or Castle ESC due to the demand of voltage and stability at the high speed and voltage that the Spelktrum or BLX is not used for the extremely high speed.

However the BLX stuff is a bit better than the Firma but I have seen the other two used for 100+ where it holds that power and does not cut out, etc.

Sure someone will correct me or add in.

Good luck.

Hey guys Im

Sorry for the delayed response sometimes with how active this forum is the threads get bumped down at the bottom of the list quickly.... Hopefully you didn't purchase something already...
In general the RTR ESCs and Hobby Wing ESCs choke in the 92-98 mph range due to the built in amperage limiting.

If you already have a BLX2050 or Spektrum 2050kv motor that is all you need to get well into the triple digits. (I have taken that motor to 120+ and seen others hit 140+)
The biggest thing is to get a power castle creations ESC. I recommend the MMX8s if space is limited like the typhon 6s. Or the XLX2 if you can squeeze it in somewhere.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions.

Sorry for the delayed response sometimes with how active this forum is the threads get bumped down at the bottom of the list quickly.... Hopefully you didn't purchase something already...
In general the RTR ESCs and Hobby Wing ESCs choke in the 92-98 mph range due to the built in amperage limiting.

If you already have a BLX2050 or Spektrum 2050kv motor that is all you need to get well into the triple digits. (I have taken that motor to 120+ and seen others hit 140+)
The biggest thing is to get a power castle creations ESC. I recommend the MMX8s if space is limited like the typhon 6s. Or the XLX2 if you can squeeze it in somewhere.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions.
Hey man appreciate it i bought a blx185 combo for 110 thought that was a good deal figured practice with this setup for
Awhile What type of numbers you think i could see with stock esc also?! And should i buy and solder a cap pack into this system or wait and put it on a mmx8s ?

Hey man appreciate it i bought a blx185 combo for 110 thought that was a good deal figured practice with this setup for
Awhile What type of numbers you think i could see with stock esc also?! And should i buy and solder a cap pack into this system or wait and put it on a mmx8s ?
A cap pack may help extend its life and a good cooling fan.
I have run the stock BLX 6s system in the 92-96 mph range on several models.

Just be aware that running it at those speeds is 99% of its abilities and some have been known to catch fire.

The most I was able to get out of a blx185 esc was 92.5 before switching to a MMX8S.

same gearing after switching over it went 101.5mph

I too just wanted a “100mph” Arrma but …. Fast forward a couple years and now I just want a “150mph” arrma. 😂

The most I was able to get out of a blx185 esc was 92.5 before switching to a MMX8S.

same gearing after switching over it went 101.5mph

I too just wanted a “100mph” Arrma but …. Fast forward a couple years and now I just want a “150mph” arrma. 😂
Lol yehh i can see that happening

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back