Budget transmitter with stability control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Which one would you recommend?

And does anyone know the difference between the two DX3 receivers?
  • DX3 & SR6200A receiver - $50
  • DX3 & SR6100AT receiver - $60
  • Radiolink RC4GS - $60
  • DumboRC X6 - $38
  • Something else?

• Radiolink RC4GS - $60
  • DumboRC X6 - $38
  • Something else?
Stay away from the Dx3’s.

• Radiolink RC4GS - $60
  • DumboRC X6 - $38
  • Something else?
Bumbo RC budget option some don't like its stability control I don't have a problem with it Radiolink is good works a lot like spectrum DX3 has latency problems with more then 50% of units avoid it might cost you parts.

Just got my third DumboRC👍.
image.jpg

I can recommend the Flysky FS-GT5. It has good range, memory for 20 different models and you can change the stability control settings on the transmitter. Quality is good and you can use a small lipo instead of AA batteries to power the transmitter. Costs around 60-70$ with a gyro receiver. Additional receivers are around 20-30$.

I have both the FlySky GT5 and the Radiolink RC6GS and I didn't like the stability control in either. As for how it works, I personally preferred the AVC of the Spektrum 6100AT receiver that came in the Infraction V2 as it not only corrects steering but also tames the throttle (it was my first RC in 30 years and I found it helpful in getting used to the power that RC cars have when compared to what I was driving in the early 90s). I've since moved to Futaba and don't use any assistants whatsoever. That my $0.02.

I have the Radio Link RC4gs and RC6gs. Have only used the RC6gs so far, but haven't dug into the gyro stuff yet. Super easy to set up, lots of options and receivers are reasonably priced.

Just know you'll have to account for the 2nd antenna if your new reciever has 2. I ordered some antenna tube and just used the battery compartment and a small screw. It has held up nice so far. I just didn't want to drill a hole in reciever box for 2nd antenna on my new rig! Lol
20220517_210443.jpg

Another Flysky DS5 owner here!
I have both the FlySky GT5 and the Radiolink RC6GS and I didn't like the stability control in either. As for how it works, I personally preferred the AVC of the Spektrum 6100AT receiver that came in the Infraction V2 as it not only corrects steering but also tames the throttle (it was my first RC in 30 years and I found it helpful in getting used to the power that RC cars have when compared to what I was driving in the early 90s). I've since moved to Futaba and don't use any assistants whatsoever. That my $0.02.
Ye can set the ds5 to take a bit out of the throttle while the gyro is doing its thing Diem Turner. Tho just noticed while replying ye've long since binned it!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back