Bug body on a 6s Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I’ve heard of people putting a Baja bug body on their Kraton. Anybody here done it? Did it require any custom mounts?

Kraton is a LWB truck, so the bug bodies are a little bit of a stretch. Probably would work well with the off-road/stunt trucks like yours. It might look really cool with those giant wheels, and would be easier than a street car because you wouldn’t need quite so much of the perfect fit of a “slammed” body. They fit the SWB bodies almost perfectly, wheelbase-wise. (Typhon, Outcast, Notorious…)
Yes, you’ll have to play with mounts but it isn’t that difficult. I just got an assortment of Arrma mounts and posts and played with them until I found something that worked.
I’ve always been a big fan of them, I’ve done a couple.
Good luck with the project. Make a build thread and get the banner!
E51AACDF-7BB2-4BBC-9C34-9D9F567452A4.jpeg
4C6B8F8C-B9B4-468E-9559-580FCE0E358B.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
The Baja Bug body got two things i really love.

They get more and more retro for every year . And this is Cool.
They will never die, only get better with years now.

And the second thing, maybe the best . The round shaped roof
makes the rig always in most cases anyways roll back to wheels.
You don't need flip the car often like you need with flat roof bodies.
iTs self right back to wheels kindoff :)

Really great for offroad bashing.

One tip, Use shoe gloo and walltape, then it will last Looong time

I love the style of it. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Yep. I used to beat that truck pretty hard lol. I rebuilt it and traded it for a K8.

Kraton is a LWB truck, so the bug bodies are a little bit of a stretch. Probably would work well with the off-road/stunt trucks like yours. It might look really cool with those giant wheels, and would be easier than a street car because you wouldn’t need quite so much of the perfect fit of a “slammed” body. They fit the SWB bodies almost perfectly, wheelbase-wise. (Typhon, Outcast, Notorious…)
Yes, you’ll have to play with mounts but it isn’t that difficult. I just got an assortment of Arrma mounts and posts and played with them until I found something that worked.
View attachment 214496View attachment 214497
Welcome to the forum! https://essaypapers.reviews/
Looks great!

View attachment 214496View attachment 214497
Welcome to the forum!
Do you recall which specific body that first one is? Is it the PRO3238-63 - Pro-Line Volkswagen Full Fender Baja Bug Body (Clear) (Slash/Slash 4x4)?

Yup, that’s the one. That’s what both were, they were just trimmed differently and I didn’t put the rear spoiler on the white one.
Thanks for the confirmation. I might grab one this winter for one of my Typhons, and maybe another for my 2wd LCG Rustler/Slash conversion.

Thanks for the confirmation. I might grab one this winter for one of my Typhons, and maybe another for my 2wd LCG Rustler/Slash conversion.
They fit both the Slash and Typhon very well, but different body posts are needed on the Typhon. The white and blue one is on a 2wd Slash, and the black one is on a Typhon with Lim towers and shocks. I’ve always really dug those Bug builds!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back