Kraton Buggin' out on the Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheckroth

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had to rebuild my Kraton 6s because I got a little over zealous and bent the frame and axles. While I was waiting for the parts, I ordered a Volkswagen Beetle/Bug body. I'm not crazy about the look of the stock truck/truggy body. Then...when I got the first body it was packed in a very tight box, and when I went to open it with a letter opener, I sliced a small slit in the roof of the body. So, I ordered another and ended up with 2 identical bodies.

I decided to go more traditional with a pin stripe on the first (the body I DIDN'T mess up) with a metallic red and pearl white. I really like how this one turned out.

On the body that already had some damage, I made this one like a trippy, hippy car, and kind of was a little more careless on purpose. I wanted it to look like some guy took a used Bug and made it into a pseudo-monster truck, but still was all about peace and love, man.

Anyway...kept me busy for a little while and had some fun. I also added a T-Bone racing bumper and had to change out some body posts to make the fit work.

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_185022.jpg
    IMG_20200727_185022.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20200727_184326_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20200727_184326_Bokeh.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20200727_184508.jpg
    IMG_20200727_184508.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200727_183529.jpg
    IMG_20200727_183529.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200727_183726_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20200727_183726_Bokeh.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200727_183923_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20200727_183923_Bokeh.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 60
Do you have any issues with dirt and pebble ingress? I see the wheel arches are quite high on the bug bodies. I'm considering getting one for durability and the higher likelihood of ending up wheels-down in case of rollover, but I don't want to end up with broken teeth on my spur from a rock finding its way into the spur-pinion mesh.

I get a lot of grass in the body pan, but haven't had problems with pebbles so far. It might help that I also got the Outcast chassis guards. I had to so some modifications to those to make them fit the chassis, but it seemed worth the effort. Not sure why Arrma doesn't have those stock.

Nice work, doesn't look like a Kraton with them bodies unless you know what you're looking at!

A few weeks ago I had to rebuild my Kraton 6s because I got a little over zealous and bent the frame and axles. While I was waiting for the parts, I ordered a Volkswagen Beetle/Bug body. I'm not crazy about the look of the stock truck/truggy body. Then...when I got the first body it was packed in a very tight box, and when I went to open it with a letter opener, I sliced a small slit in the roof of the body. So, I ordered another and ended up with 2 identical bodies.

I decided to go more traditional with a pin stripe on the first (the body I DIDN'T mess up) with a metallic red and pearl white. I really like how this one turned out.

On the body that already had some damage, I made this one like a trippy, hippy car, and kind of was a little more careless on purpose. I wanted it to look like some guy took a used Bug and made it into a pseudo-monster truck, but still was all about peace and love, man.

Anyway...kept me busy for a little while and had some fun. I also added a T-Bone racing bumper and had to change out some body posts to make the fit work.
That looks dope! Who makes the body? I'm trying to find a thunderbird body so I can make my senton look like KITT...lights and all but man its hard to find such things :/

That looks dope! Who makes the body? I'm trying to find a thunderbird body so I can make my senton look like KITT...lights and all but man its hard to find such things :/
It's the "Proline 323863 Volkswagen Full Fender Baja Bug Body for Slash 2WD and 4WD". They make a couple different beetle bodies, and this one is slightly larger by like an inch, so I would suggest this one for 1/8 scale cars and trucks.

There's 3 big body manufacturers, Pro-line, Jconcepts and Parma, in order of bigness :)
Check their websites, look under short course.

There's 3 big body manufacturers, Pro-line, Jconcepts and Parma, in order of bigness :)
Check their websites, look under short course.
I've been searching for a while now...may just get a 3d printer and make what I need then vacuum mold it ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back