Build an Arrma vehicle from the ground up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dulb_D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I'm trying to decide what to get next and after browsing Jenny's RC I thought maybe I should build an Arrma vehicle from the ground up - meaning I'd use the available stock parts from Jenny's RC and then substitute hop-ups where I want. I figured this would be cheaper than paying for a RTR Arrma vehicle and then upgrading as well as allow me to acquire the components at a pace that is compatible with my budget. I was specifically looking at building a vehicle starting with a Kraton 6S roller.

Anyone try this?

I'm trying to decide what to get next and after browsing Jenny's RC I thought maybe I should build an Arrma vehicle from the ground up - meaning I'd use the available stock parts from Jenny's RC and then substitute hop-ups where I want. I figured this would be cheaper than paying for a RTR Arrma vehicle and then upgrading as well as allow me to acquire the components at a pace that is compatible with my budget. I was specifically looking at building a vehicle starting with a Kraton 6S roller.

Anyone try this?
I've done the math. If you can pick up brand new with a few bucks saved (like thorugh @joostin420 ?), you'll have plenty of spare parts for it and any other 6s rig you own. Buying what you need from Jennys adds up quick, especially if you include electronics, so it's not as big of a shortcut as you might think. If you do it, please share it in the Rc Build Logs section. I'd love to hear how the final tally comes out.

I've done the math. If you can pick up brand new with a few bucks saved (like thorugh @joostin420 ?), you'll have plenty of spare parts for it and any other 6s rig you own.
That's another option that I should consider but I am really trying hard to not drop lumps of several hundreds of dollars towards the hobby from now on so I am looking at this mainly for the benefit of spreading out the cost over time. I could just save over that time but that's where the hope comes in that if I build from the ground up I'll save by not paying for electronics or components I intend to replace anyway or have to deal with trying to sell them to recover some of the cost - on top of just having the experience of building from the ground up. I'm totally ok with this taking a year, if that's what it takes. I have a fun 'Monster' Senton to bash in the meantime.

Less than a year ago I bought a Notorious.

Off the top of my head I've upgraded 95% of the truck already.

Looking back- I could have save a LOT of money and time building my own if I only knew before.

Home Depot bucket for the win!! :ROFLMAO:
Less than a year ago I bought a Notorious.

Off the top of my head I've upgraded 95% of the truck already.

Looking back- I could have save a LOT of money and time building my own if I only knew before.
My typhon GT8LE build took 8 months... built from scratch.

Anyone try this?
I think this is not the best idea. If it were me, I would buy a new RTR from @joostin420 and take what you need, part out the rest, and use that money for upgrades. JRC prices are ok, but they add up quickly.

I think this is not the best idea. If it were me, I would buy a new RTR from @joostin420 and take what you need, part out the rest, and use that money for upgrades. JRC prices are ok, but they add up quickly.
It's an attractive option and probably the best way to save $$$ overall but I really would prefer to start from nothing instead of a complete vehicle. TBH I kinda have a feeling, that once I complete this "trophy vehicle" I'll become bored with the hobby, so I'm trying to stretch it out as much as possible. I am learning (late in life) that I tend to get to a point with any hobby that I consider "the goal" and once I reach that goal I completely lose interest. I'm trying to avoid reaching that too soon cause the time in-between hobbies is very depressing and I don't have the next one lined up yet. So I'm limiting my budget and want to really milk this one. :cool:

I think the Jennys route works if you want to mix it up and create a Frankenstein rc.

Anyone try this?

My last car was put together with 2 different platforms... The next one I do will be ground up... It is more expensive but you build that type of rig for a specific purpose that cannot be duplicated by an off shelf setup... Like what @joostin420 does often it seems... Straight custom rig that nobody has.

My last car was put together with 2 different platforms... The next one I do will be ground up... It is more expensive but you build that type of rig for a specific purpose that cannot be duplicated by an off shelf setup... Like what @joostin420 does often it seems... Straight custom rig that nobody has.
Yeah, probably won't able to do something like what @joostin420 does - and probably won't be shelling out the dough for an M2C chassis but would like to create something unique and fun to drive.

Bear in mind that the video was made by a racer who needed to meet class specs. but for a Frankenstein car just go nuts.

I've pondered the question of "What would a Mojave look like and run like if it were turned into a Rock Racer?"

I dunno but I bet it could take a beating if it had a good roll cage type body.

Maybe a composite cage from a 1/5 desert buggy could be adapted to the Mojave? Look at the cage/body parts for large scale buggies and see where your imagination takes you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back