Kraton Build outs: Infraction V2, Kraton 6S, Typhon Mega 550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AristonC

I'm not addicted, you are!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Just getting into the hobby and it took me a total of three days to end up with a Kraton 6S V5 for bashing and a Typhon Mega 550 for street (still researching). Already itching to learn how to tinker and do some upgrades, and these forums are an excellent place to learn! Looking forward to posting more as the journey begins.

IMG_1739_1024.jpg
IMG_1740_small.jpg

Last edited:
Great choices and welcome! I have a hunch you're going to be upgrading that Typhon Mega very soon since you also have a 6S BLX :p
Oh most definitely will lol. First step was the easy NiMh to 2S LiPo, but I think a brushless is in order. Only running a 4S in Kraton but it already makes the Typhon feel slow. Plus, I'm already noticing some areas where I wouldn't mind some improvements in the Kraton...mainly the radio to start.

Step 1...get all the right tools :D

Welcome, I had a Tamiya frog as a little kid but just got back into the hobby after a 25 year hiatus around a month ago. Its still loads of fun now, the technology and performance of the machinery is exponentially better and the forum members here are a wealth of golden knowledgeable so use your resources and enjoy. good luck

Currently on order for the Kraton 6S V5:
  • Arrma Super Basher Front Bumper: EXB, ARA320573
  • Fast Eddy Sealed Bearing Kit
  • Radiolink RC6GS V2 2.4G 6 channel transmitter with R7FG receiver
  • EXB Heavy Duty A-Arm set
  • Hobbypark Aluminum work stand (blue...naturally)
  • Loctite
  • Assorted tools from this post in the Tools forum
  • Storage box for tool and part stuffs

Ran into a light post and cracked both the lower and upper A-arms. Then found a stripped screw in the toe arm next to the body. Oh and I'm waiting on additional screws to install the EXB bumber.

So guess what I'm doing? That's right...looking to buy another 1/8th scale RC to fill the void while I wait for replacement parts.

IMG_1807.jpeg

• Loctite
How did you route the extra rx antenna wire ? Looks like it has room for for another tube but not sure . Just digging into my exb . Waiting for a radio and going to get a servo right now . I haven't gotten my radio yet but it does say , in the instructions , to keep the rx wires at 90 deg from one another

How did you route the extra rx antenna wire ? Looks like it has room for for another tube but not sure . Just digging into my exb . Waiting for a radio and going to get a servo right now . I haven't gotten my radio yet but it does say , in the instructions , to keep the rx wires at 90 deg from one another
Ehh...it’s not elegant. I taped one antenna to one length of the body support structure in the middle and the other antenna to another length that was 90 degrees(ish) to the first.

• Loctite
Some will probably disagree.. the Fast Eddy bearing are over priced.. you can get a 10 pk of bearings on amazon for $10..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back