Notorious Build thread? Sure why not...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadlifex3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Had build threads over at the sue happy company years ago. Can’t lie I really enjoyed the Slash 4x4 though.

Forum recommended to start a build thread so why not. Nothing special as of yet with the Notorious. This truck is purely only for bashing. As in jumping and flipping. Really only upgrading as items break and if those items warrant an upgrade over factory.

Have broken two wheelie bar mounts, rear shock end cap (upgrading if it breaks again to the Arrma HD end caps with Tekno balls). I do need a new front bumper. I have broken two of them already. So what do you all recommend?

Only upgrade so far is RPM A-Arms.

I do plan to outfit the truck with M2C shock towers and shock standoffs. I have bent both shock towers. Luckily they’re pretty easy to bend back relatively straight.

Once I am able to find it I want to replace the diff and shock fluids. Was thinking 50k front, 500k center, 30k rear and 55wt for shocks.

Had build threads over at the sue happy company years ago. Can’t lie I really enjoyed the Slash 4x4 though.

Forum recommended to start a build thread so why not. Nothing special as of yet with the Notorious. This truck is purely only for bashing. As in jumping and flipping. Really only upgrading as items break and if those items warrant an upgrade over factory.

Have broken two wheelie bar mounts, rear shock end cap (upgrading if it breaks again to the Arrma HD end caps with Tekno balls). I do need a new front bumper. I have broken two of them already. So what do you all recommend?

Only upgrade so far is RPM A-Arms.

I do plan to outfit the truck with M2C shock towers and shock standoffs. I have bent both shock towers. Luckily they’re pretty easy to bend back relatively straight.

Once I am able to find it I want to replace the diff and shock fluids. Was thinking 50k front, 500k center, 30k rear and 55wt for shocks.
I'm doing a Notorious build and went with RPM bumpers. Can't speak to durability yet but they feel like they'll hold up better than the TBone bumpers I've on my Typhon.

I'm doing a Notorious build and went with RPM bumpers. Can't speak to durability yet but they feel like they'll hold up better than the TBone bumpers I've on my Typhon.
I’ve used the RPM bumpers in the past and never had any issues. Was debating on buying it but also considering the EXB bumper. Not sure which one to get ?‍♂️

I’ve used the RPM bumpers in the past and never had any issues. Was debating on buying it but also considering the EXB bumper. Not sure which one to get ?‍♂️
I’ve broken two of the EXB bumpers so far but they are still usable. They for sure saved my trucks tho. I run the TBone bumpers on the rears and they have saved the rears a few times too. Never owned an RPM bumper tho ??‍♂️

RPM seems a bit studier but EXB has a bit more flex. I like how the EXB has absorbers tied in to the FF suspension mount. The EXB one is also slightly taller and quite a bit wider which should help. I have yet to bash neither hard and therefore neither has yet to break.
IMG_3247.jpg
IMG_3248.jpg

RPM seems a bit studier but EXB has a bit more flex. I like how the EXB has absorbers tied in to the FF suspension mount. The EXB one is also slightly taller and quite a bit wider which should help. I have yet to bash neither hard and therefore neither has yet to break. View attachment 108992View attachment 108993
The spring ovals are what has broken on mine. I still plan on running them that way. Those pieces should be sold separately IMO.

The spring ovals are what has broken on mine. I still plan on running them that way. Those pieces should be sold separately IMO.
I was surprised how easily the plastic springy thing broke. broke on taking off from gravel piles, no nose dives. but the Macgyver fix seems to work perfect, but haven't tried the reinforced springy thing yet.

20201113_050127.jpg

20201113_050113.jpg

Very nice. Thank you for the comparison photos. I may order one of each. The Revo 3.3 has a similar design as the EXB bumper. The circles are what broke on the Revo as well. For the Notorious bumper the first one broke where the screws go through the underside. The second one broke halfway through the part where it comes up from underneath. I’ll see if I can get a picture when I get home as that probably doesn’t make any sense.

I remember when I had an RPM bumper on the Rustler VXL. It was running through a field at wide open and hit a rock that was hidden in the grass. All it did was remove a small chuck of material from the bumper. Everything else was completely fine.

I was surprised how easily the plastic springy thing broke. broke on taking off from gravel piles, no nose dives. but the Macgyver fix seems to work perfect, but haven't tried the reinforced springy thing yet.

View attachment 109028
I saw that foam trick over on the Tekno forums when I kept busting front bumpers on my MT410..!!
It works..???

I saw that foam trick over on the Tekno forums when I kept busting front bumpers on my MT410..!!
It works..???
It works quite well with the big rubber plate, only concern is if it will damage the diff case on hard impacts. The rubber i ended up using is a very heavy thick flexible material, think it is used to reduce vibrations between washer and dryer machines. i may have to return to the reinforced springy thingy then :unsure:

Order two of the RPM front bumpers. Put one on the front and one on the back instead of a skid plate. Cheap and effective. I need to order a fresh set and a new stock front bumper since I didn't put my first RPM front bumper on until I had torn up the stock one pretty well. I want a new one with that license plate. :)

Edit: To find this search for RPM 81472. Cheap and available at most LHS.

RPM81472 Front Bumper/Skid Plate Kraton/DEX8T

Last edited:
This is how mine keeps breaking. The mounting screws underneath and splits along the bottom.

8C11A12D-B843-4BE2-AC30-92FD1D71E659.jpeg

Couple of whoops mixed in with a sprinkle of what I believe to be transmitter lag...

Couple of whoops mixed in with a sprinkle of what I believe to be transmitter lag...
Running the stock radio?

I just grabbed a replacement stock bumper and a new RPM front bumper/skidplate for mine as I do a rebuild. I'm putting the used RPM front bumper on the back of mine and the new stock front and RPM over top. Now I need the license plate sticker and I'm good. I wonder if there is a spare on the sticker sheet that came with it?

Running the stock radio?

I just grabbed a replacement stock bumper and a new RPM front bumper/skidplate for mine as I do a rebuild. I'm putting the used RPM front bumper on the back of mine and the new stock front and RPM over top. Now I need the license plate sticker and I'm good. I wonder if there is a spare on the sticker sheet that came with it?
Yes stock radio. There are moments where it seems it has some lag. Thought about throwing a spare Traxxas radio in there and seeing how it does.

When I bought a factory replacement bumper there was no sticker. Bummer but I’m sure you could make one.

Yes stock radio. There are moments where it seems it has some lag. Thought about throwing a spare Traxxas radio in there and seeing how it does.

When I bought a factory replacement bumper there was no sticker. Bummer but I’m sure you could make one.
No sticker because it's the Outcast bumper. I think a sticker sheet came with the truck through so I am digging for it. I have a clear Notorious body on order that comes with the stickers, but it's back ordered.

I put a DumboRC X6A radio in mine. I never used the stock radio at all since I had the DumboRC already and I know about the lag in that particular radio. I gave it to a local kid to use in his Traxxas Bandit.

Broke another rear shock end cap. Guess my rule of thumb is coming into play. Break once ok things happen. 2nd time I drive like a manic and need upgrade ?

Got a new body installed. Still need to get the wing mount cutout. Also installed an RPM front bumper. With the bumper installed what holds the hinge pins in? The front bumper is toast.

I was debating on hot gluing them in place for a temporary fix.

482B43E6-6735-44F1-AC4C-D4897FB6AF91.jpeg

9B94E492-80BB-40C6-A5B7-24BDBB037C9E.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back