Senton Build thread: The Senbaru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Another day, another Arrma, it seems. I was thinning the Traxxas herd, as one of my longest-serving 3S rigs had become a rabid anti-dentite. That is, it hated anything with teeth, so it was on a crusade to destroy all manner of gears. I couldn't get through a single pack without breaking something. So it got torn down and parts-bin'd, leaving behind a pile of electronics... and I simply can't have that. Soon will be, the Senbaru.

0e86WID.jpg

I don't need another SCT, I have several. But I don't have a rally car, and I do want one of those. So here we go.

The Senbaru
Servo: Sanwa ERS-951 (so old it's analog!)
ESC: Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT + CC-BEC
Motor: G-Force 3674 2600kv
Battery: Zeee 6000mah 3S

Shocks: Losi 8ight buggy fronts and rears
Wheels/tires: 17mm conversion on the way, as I have 30+ sets of 1/8 buggy combos

vCmoy17.jpg

Body mounts and bumpers are pretty much gonna have to be fabricated: the OEM body post positions don't get close to anything, the rear bumper sticks out too far, and the front bumper pushes the hood up a quarter of an inch. But I love making parts (as that's kinda what I do) so I'm looking forward to the process.

I have an 8' wide walking path (about 1/18th of a mile) in the very back of my property (next to my crawler course) which is going to make a perfect driving course. It's got an (unintentional) chicane and everything, because ailanthus altissima are immortal, and where they grow is where they grow, everything else be damned. But I digress.

Cutting this body is gonna be a fun one, it's the 2mm DeltaPlastik Impreza, basically the fulfillment of a dream.
57Wal3q.jpg

The Senbaru
Servo: Sanwa ERS-951 (so old it's analog!)
ESC: Castle Mamba Max Pro SCT + CC-BEC
Motor: G-Force 3674 2600kv
Battery: Zeee 6000mah 3S

Shocks: Losi 8ight buggy fronts and rears
Wheels/tires: 17mm conversion on the way, as I have 30+ sets of 1/8 buggy combos

Interested in the shock setup. Do you know which buggy model they are from? I am unfamiliar with the losi lineup and also do you have shock lengths?

Interested in the shock setup. Do you know which buggy model they are from? I am unfamiliar with the losi lineup and also do you have shock lengths?
It's been a long minute, but I'm pretty sure the shocks are from the 8IGHT-E 2.0 Race, probably discontinued for a decade.

The fronts are 96-97mm eye-to-eye, and the rears are 107-108mm. They're a touch shorter than the OE Senton shocks,
but that works for me as I don't plan on jumping this thing.

Small update, 17mm stubs and adapters installed, some ancient Venom Forty-Fives in place to keep the chassis off the ground.
BcPTNGI.jpg

The process of getting the body mounted (and a front bumper sorted) is proving to be slow going, but the "road course" I'm working on for it is looking great, even in the waterless desolation of mid-summer. Should be fun. Lane width is 8', the hardpack is hard, and the loose stuff on top is loose. When damp it's traction city-- hero dirt. Right now it's floured glass.
O5YGSDs.jpg

G4jDN10.jpg

The process of getting the body mounted (and a front bumper sorted) is proving to be slow going, but the "road course" I'm working on for it is looking great, even in the waterless desolation of mid-summer. Should be fun. Lane width is 8', the hardpack is hard, and the loose stuff on top is loose. When damp it's traction city-- hero dirt. Right now it's floured glass.
O5YGSDs.jpg

G4jDN10.jpg
After looking at this I already completed a lap drifting in my head😎

I know this is an old thread, but who makes the body?

How does the Sanwa ERS-951 turn? I recently got a new one in a lot I bought off Mercari, Looking it up on the ole interweb, half the places I read about it, or sites that are selling it say it's digital, the other half say analog. I want to put it in my Senton to replace the stock one. I hope its good cause I already ordered the Hot Racing servo saver for it before I read about the analog thing 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back