Kraton Building a 10th scale 6s Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, no diffs are designed to withstand suddenly stopping under load.

Nope, sure aren't, at least not that I've found.

Savage BP Pinion:
2017-0917-SavageFluxBrokenPinion.jpg

Got a couple others that look like that from my nitro X as well. Kind of surprised it broke though. Figured one of the center bones would have sheared off instead. I sheared the rear bone in two in my X the last time I had it out.

Those BP gears in the savage make the 6S arrma's look like tinker toys. But they still break when abused.

That doesn't help when your blowing diffs while grounded. The X-Maxx the King of that. But landing off power is a rule of thumb everyone should follow. That's basic knowledge. Applying it is another story :LOL: Still, no diffs are designed to withstand suddenly stopping under load.
That doesn't help when your blowing diffs while grounded. The X-Maxx the King of that. But landing off power is a rule of thumb everyone should follow. That's basic knowledge. Applying it is another story :LOL: Still, no diffs are designed to withstand suddenly stopping under load.

True about hard breaking. One rule of thumb I use for breaking. Wait for the vehicle to come to a complete stop before going into reverse, and vise versa.

Not true about the xmaxx, well the 8s version anyway. Finally broke my first part on my 8s xmaxx after a year of abuse. Hit a sign pole and broke an arm

True about hard breaking. One rule of thumb I use for breaking. Wait for the vehicle to come to a complete stop before going into reverse, and vise versa.

Not true about the xmaxx, well the 8s version anyway. Finally broke my first part on my 8s xmaxx after a year of abuse. Hit a sign pole and broke an arm
In my struggle with the 6s X-Maxx, I wrecked over 20 diffs between the front & rear. Most were stock 1st versions, but also a set of cruddy Traxxas spirals & 2 sets of 8s diffs - I hardly ever jumped it, & strangely enough don't really break anything when I do - except for the rear bulkhead in the last jumping session. I also have 2 8s rollers that never seen a Traxxas ring-pinion & never had any issues even with 1/5 system running a belt drive & mod 1.5 gears. All 3 are now running the cheapo China spiral diffs. I use the RPM arms on all of them. They're indestructible, but they have taken out a bulkhead or 2 :ROFLMAO: I'm used to replacing them by now. However, in the past year, I can count the total number of breakages between all 3 trucks on 1 hand. The X-Maxx is in a great place now with all the 3rd party support.

In my struggle with the 6s X-Maxx, I wrecked over 20 diffs between the front & rear. Most were stock 1st versions, but also a set of cruddy Traxxas spirals & 2 sets of 8s diffs - I hardly ever jumped it, & strangely enough don't really break anything when I do - except for the rear bulkhead in the last jumping session. I also have 2 8s rollers that never seen a Traxxas ring-pinion & never had any issues even with 1/5 system running a belt drive & mod 1.5 gears. All 3 are now running the cheapo China spiral diffs. I use the RPM arms on all of them. They're indestructible, but they have taken out a bulkhead or 2 :ROFLMAO: I'm used to replacing them by now. However, in the past year, I can count the total number of breakages between all 3 trucks on 1 hand. The X-Maxx is in a great place now with all the 3rd party support.
That’s a lot of diffs bruh. Maybe your not installing them right...?

That’s a lot of diffs bruh. Maybe your not installing them right...?
That's all past & buried. I've had the spiral diffs in the trucks for a year in a half now & haven't looked back. It's these if you want to know. Now I'm done hijacking this thread with the silly X-Maxx-capades.

Well...today I was able to look at this again. Going with short arms, Kraton hubs and axles in the rear with 1/2” hub extenders for the 15.8 width. Have it together, only mod I did was put a tighter thru hole so the extender has no play between the bearing and itself.
Front is a problem. If I use talion front end a half inch will need to come of the arms, cvds, and steering linkage. Or the easy way just use the stupid extenders in front and loose steering performance...
The 4s Kraton body is really nice. It is thicker than the v3 6s one and way cooler. Might be a good outcast body if all this don’t pan out. Same wheel base...

I'm moving forward with my version as well. I have the 835e chassis all bolted up & it looks sweet. Now I'm dealing with the body posts. I'm not drilling any new holes in the body. Tires are still up in the air but the stock Muckraker tires are awesome, albeit a bit small.

I definitely do not like the way this handles with the hex extenders. The steering knuckle place so far in makes the handling slow and bumps throw the car off easily. Also looks half assed. Going to just continue building my Force rc Muckraker. It is very close to the same car but a little longer. Making some carbon parts for that now and the build thus far is on rctalk. https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/force-rc-muckraker.123420/

Saving some of my Arrma parts and resources to build a custom talion instead. Once I get that started I will post a thread. That will be a light car except for the chassis. Hope to make up for the weight with carbon towers, wingmount and braces. Should be good fun.
Jim

I 2nd the hex extensions. I was about to take them off the Zennon but the 35kg servo is a juggernaut. With the RPM arms & saver cranked up, it has a 6ft radius, only bested by my stock Typhon V3 has can turn on the width of the sidewalk. The Siren & truggified Typhon with the extensions are decent with 2.8s but utter garbage with the Backflip LPs. I finally found the last Muckraker donor via snail mail. I was mocking up the hybrid Outcast with a 2nd 835e chassis & the 1st donor's parts until now, hence why I had no Kraton pics. The rear diff hinge pin mount is 3mm away from the motor. There's no way this thing will be able to stay on the ground. All the crazy backflipping will really give these diffs a workout. Now I just have to piece the Kraton back together again :ROFLMAO:

I just hit the motherload. I did a bit of searching on Aliexpress. All I wanted to find was the Habao parts that could bolt to the 7075 nitro buggy chassis. Not only did I find them, but I found fully adjustable motor mounts that could work with both chassis, every single part the 835e needs, plenty of upgrade parts, & even a bloody full 835e ARTR in buggy, truggy, & MT - all in original HSP form. I'm going to have to try a few things.

Since the Muckraker donor for the Outcast is still a WIP & I had a freshly tuned & beasted Muck sitting around, I thought about throwing the 4s Kraton body on it just to see how it fit. The front body mounts are dead-on perfect while the innermost holes for the rear shocks line up with the rear body holes. 10 minutes with a drill, a few parts, & an extra roll cage got me this:

I'm seriously starting to think this car deserves that body much more than that mostly plastic creature. I'm fitting the Siren for the Outcast body ATM. The Ultra SWB Muck was giving me a headache so I had to take a breather.

Very nice, I love the body and bought one as well. It fits the Truggified typhon nice too. they are cheap at Jennys like 26 bucks...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back