Building a cap pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slevin

Pew pew!!
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
So I’m going to build a cap pack with 200 if 50v caps. Amazon has a set of six caps from Lattech. I’ve never heard of this brand. I usually go with Panasonic but these are a bit cheaper and I can get everything off amazon if I got with lattechs.

anyone heard of this brand? Anyone know of a website I can order everything from like perfboard, caps, heat shrink?

thanks in advance!

I got mine from digikey, they likely have everything you would need, but I didn't look for the other stuff.
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=P12410-ND

According to their site, they are fully operational still.

I went super cheap with mine... just used 12AWG or 14AWG wire to tie the legs together, hot glue/zipties to hold the caps, dropped it in a balloon after wrapping the joints with thermal tape and wrapped the whole thing with electrical tape. I made 3 of them so far for my 6S trucks.
2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-NoWrap.jpg

2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-Wrapped.jpg

Last edited:
I recently tried to find the old style perf-board and finally gave up. I did see that it was available from the UK via eBay.

I ended up 3D Printing my "perf board"
Doing it this way solved the heat shrink and all those issues.

cap pack housing v0.png

bottomCapture.JPG

topCapture.JPG

With Panasonic and other high quality named brands you just know the specs will be 100% correct. When you buy unknowns... they might be fine but you don't really know what true specs you will get. Are they certified low/ultra low esr caps? What does the data sheet say?

For what its worth, I vote spend the extra for the low esr Panasonics or other high quality known quantities from digikey/mouser

As suspected, looking at the reviews on Amazon and saw this..

"uF rating is below 100uF

Product was advertised as 100uf 450v capacitor but when tested they all were below the uF rating. Therefore, items were returned to seller."

If the capacitance figure isnt even correct you can bet that the ESR figure is likely BS too... If they even list one.

As suspected, looking at the reviews on Amazon and saw this..

"uF rating is below 100uF

Product was advertised as 100uf 450v capacitor but when tested they all were below the uF rating. Therefore, items were returned to seller."

If the capacitance figure isnt even correct you can bet that the ESR figure is likely BS too... If they even list one.
Thanks for looking into it! I didn’t even see that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back