Kraton Building a Kraton 6s from upgrade parts and JennysRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volcano

Reaction score
Has anyone priced the cost to build a 6s Kraton from upgraded parts and stock parts from JennysRC?

It's not in my plans. Just wondering if anyone has actually priced it out and what the final amount was.

Make a list of all the aftermarket parts you plan to use for the build and I can probably get you real close to a final cost on the build sourcing the rest from JRC

Someone did it a few months ago and it cost more to build from parts than to just buy a new rig. Think about it this way, why would JRC sell the total of all the parts at a loss? They don’t. They are in it to make money as any other business. Some parts are worth more than others. But the grand total should be more than the RTR cost at retail.

If you want to save money, buy a rig from @joostin420 and then part out what you don’t need in the classifieds or eBay.

Someone did it a few months ago and it cost more to build from parts than to just buy a new rig. Think about it this way, why would JRC sell the total of all the parts at a loss? They don’t. They are in it to make money as any other business. Some parts are worth more than others. But the grand total should be more than the RTR cost at retail.

If you want to save money, buy a rig from @joostin420 and then part out what you don’t need in the classifieds or eBay.
The other thing to keep in mind is that JRC packages the parts together. If you want a battery tray, you are getting those useless plastic chassis braces as well. There are plenty of other examples.

I'm not sure he is asking for the cost to build a stock car from breaker parts.

I think he is asking if you were to start with all the upgrade parts instead- and add in the stock parts needed to complete the build from a breaker.

I built my notorious with aftermarket parts, eBay, Jenny’s and stuff I already had like extras from my kraton and I came in at 425. I expected to be at 350 and that’s why I started the build but I mean I still came in under cost of a new one and it’s got some cruical aluminum parts so ??‍♂️ All depends what ya got I guess.

I think he is asking if you were to start with all the upgrade parts instead- and add in the stock parts needed to complete the build from a breaker.
I get that. I am saying buying a discounted rig from a guy like @joostin420 and selling off the parts you don’t need and using the initial savings plus the proceeds of the parts sales as an offset for the M2C upgrades. I’m am certain this would be the best, most cost effective way to build a Goliath based rig.

Just sold a typhon v4 and Kraton 4s this morning ?
I’m trying to decide what rig I want next. Just about done finishing this Typhon V4 I think. I may spring for the new Typhon M2C light chassis. I guess if this was going to be jumped I would get it for sure. Right now it would just be for bling. Not sure it’s worth it. ??‍♂️

This is exactly what I am asking.
Same here with my 1/8th scale Kraton 8s build from the ground up. I never bothered to add up all the parts and their cost but I'd imagine it's north of $1000
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/8s-kraton-build-from-spare-parts.14363/

Yes. I had a look at your list. Pretty well the same idea I had but for a Kraton as to upgrades. Fill the rest with stock parts from JennysRC. Of course servo, motor and ESC could be different.
I get that. I am saying buying a discounted rig from a guy like @joostin420 and selling off the parts you don’t need and using the initial savings plus the proceeds of the parts sales as an offset for the M2C upgrades. I’m am certain this would be the best, most cost effective way to build a Goliath based rig.
That's a good idea for USA based people.

I'm in Japan so selling off the parts wouldn't be feasible. Shipping would kill the benefits I think.

I'm in Japan so selling off the parts wouldn't be feasible. Shipping would kill the benefits I think.
Joostin420 where is your site and do you ship to Japan?

Oops, might have confused. I'm asking what you suggest. Start with upgrade parts.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I am asking.

Yes. I had a look at your list. Pretty well the same idea I had but for a Kraton as to upgrades. Fill the rest with stock parts from JennysRC. Of course servo, motor and ESC could be different.

Joostin420 where is your site and do you ship to Japan?

Oops, might have confused. I'm asking what you suggest. Start with upgrade parts.
@joostin420 sells right here on the Arrma Forum. Just keep an eye on the classifieds. https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/classifieds/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back