Building and taping some New Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Will try these out this weekend with the jump ramps - I taped two tonight and will do two tomorrow.. They are taller than the goliaths but narrow like badlands. I ordered a new wing for the big rock shell and will attach it. Kratons 3rd rear shock tower arrived ... Was thinking about the senton too - would truly be unique...Phew those Scorpions are done!

Attachments

• IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 58
Will try these out this weekend with the jump ramps - I taped two tonight and will do two tomorrow.. They are taller than the goliaths but narrow like badlands. I ordered a new wing for the big rock shell and will attach it. Kratons 3rd rear shock tower arrived ... Was thinking about the senton too - would truly be unique...Phew those Scorpions are done!
Those things are awesome. What kind of rims and tires are those?

Team Associated rims
Axial BF Goodrich tires.

Thanks. They are like deluxe badlands. Might go nuts and throw em on the Senton but they will rub ...
Those are crawler tires aren't they? You will have to let me know how they hold up to the speed of the Arrma's.

Indeed they are. I did tape them down.... I'm thinking to probably run my two 4S bricks with those wheels...to be safe

nope not yet - Nero needs a new part - gets here wednesday - Next weekend will be all good

It's a good thing you taped those. I had the Yeti XL with the same wheel/tire combo and they ballooned until they looked like frisbees on 4S. I will say though, the plastic in the rims and the compound Axial uses are top-notch. Watch out for traction rolling too, if you use them on the Nero. They're tall and a big unwieldy. I'd recommend looking into Crawler Innovation foams for the Yeti XL if you've not glued them yet. They're closed-cell and do not expand like the cheap foams in most RTR's. Good luck deciding on the truck that'll get em!
;)

It's a good thing you taped those. I had the Yeti XL with the same wheel/tire combo and they ballooned until they looked like frisbees on 4S. I will say though, the plastic in the rims and the compound Axial uses are top-notch. Watch out for traction rolling too, if you use them on the Nero. They're tall and a big unwieldy. I'd recommend looking into Crawler Innovation foams for the Yeti XL if you've not glued them yet. They're closed-cell and do not expand like the cheap foams in most RTR's. Good luck deciding on the truck that'll get em!
;)
This kid on the Arrma forum on Facebook - todd ames has them on his nero and says its no biggie. Says they are fine - no ballooning at all. Now Ive been through ripping many a tire on 6S and will just run these on 4S. I have two 4S bricks so prob the Kraton but I might put them on the nero and chill on the throttle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back