Kraton Building my Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trencher X Tires mounted! So much better big difference n sealed the holes n pop one on each tire

That'll be a great battery. And you will get a ton of run time on the 6700Mah. Just remember longer run times mean your motor and ESC may get hot. Only because it needs a chance to cool down here and there. Just keep an eye on it, at first. Then you will get a feel for what you can do and for how long. How heavy is that thing?

Most definitely. I wonder if i can get bigger fans or mtiple fans.

Had to wash the kraton went through alot of wet grass and ended up grabbing some weedes along the axles x driveshaft x arms x all over. Lol.

Over all Im very happy with $100 tires i got. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_3079.JPG
    IMG_3079.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3080.JPG
    IMG_3080.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3084.JPG
    IMG_3084.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3090.JPG
    IMG_3090.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    503.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3092.JPG
    IMG_3092.JPG
    401.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
That'll be a great battery. And you will get a ton of run time on the 6700Mah. Just remember longer run times mean your motor and ESC may get hot. Only because it needs a chance to cool down here and there. Just keep an eye on it, at first. Then you will get a feel for what you can do and for how long. How heavy is that thing?

This is a good point . If you leave everything stock, heat will probably not be an issue, but I still recommend getting a thermometer - I use this $12 harbor freight one. Just touching your motor, you can't tell if it is safe or over heating. It will feel "Scalding hot" at 130f, but it will be safe up to 160f or so. Most any time I go run, I have that thermometer in my pocket, along with a lipo voltage meter. ( I like this style of meter, that shows each cell's voltage, so I know if the battery is going out of balance / one cell bad)

This is a good point . If you leave everything stock, heat will probably not be an issue, but I still recommend getting a thermometer - I use this $12 harbor freight one. Just touching your motor, you can't tell if it is safe or over heating. It will feel "Scalding hot" at 130f, but it will be safe up to 160f or so. Most any time I go run, I have that thermometer in my pocket, along with a lipo voltage meter. ( I like this style of meter, that shows each cell's voltage, so I know if the battery is going out of balance / one cell bad)

I hv this one i use on my Real racing cars to measure Intake temps. This should be good also.

Attachments

• IMG_3101.JPG
    IMG_3101.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 25
Just came In.
The aluminum skid plates aren't really worth it in my opinion. If you mount the front one you won't be able to use a rpm bumper or t-bone bumper because they mount to the bottom side of the chassis. Also rpm makes a really nice skid plate for the rear. This is just my take on it though and means nothing.
Now get busy and get that stuff installed and take pictures. We all love pictures! Nice upgrades will make pretty pictures.......lol

The aluminum skid plates aren't really worth it in my opinion. If you mount the front one you won't be able to use a rpm bumper or t-bone bumper because they mount to the bottom side of the chassis. Also rpm makes a really nice skid plate for the rear. This is just my take on it though and means nothing.
Now get busy and get that stuff installed and take pictures. We all love pictures! Nice upgrades will make pretty pictures.......lol

got so excited Monday, that I end up ordering stuffs that kraton has already, like the towers are aluminum that I didn't even know, lol, oh well it will look good with pictures matching, lmao.

also if you say that the front bumper cannot be installed then I will skip that part or rig something to make if work.

now im looking for decent lightbar for the front and also Front Bumper.

any suggestion is welcome.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Bright...UTF8&qid=1505394634&sr=8-12&keywords=rc+light

that's the light bar im looking at at the moment also.

The Voltage hobbies shoch towers are a huge upgrade from the stock towers. Put those on FOR SURE>

I believe the rpm bumper looks better than the t-bone racing bumper. I have the rpm bumper and have beat the crap out of it with no problems. The shock towers that you bought are a good upgrade over stock, they're thicker which means more support and won't bend. Plus they offer more shock mounting options.

The Voltage hobbies shoch towers are a huge upgrade from the stock towers. Put those on FOR SURE>

I plan on doing that tonight after I do some fun runs..lol..
I haven't Bash at all tbh, just a big field here in central Nj connected to a baseball field, lol
this weekend ill make some good homemade jumps on the field.

Finally took about 1.5hr to swap them parts and looks good. I didnt need the steering aluminum piece tho. I think it was made for something else

Final product

Attachments

• IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3123.JPG
    IMG_3123.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3124.JPG
    IMG_3124.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3127.JPG
    IMG_3127.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3129.JPG
    IMG_3129.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 54
Final product m

Attachments

• IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3140.JPG
    IMG_3140.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3141.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3145.JPG
    IMG_3145.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 54
Finally took about 1.5hr to swap them parts and looks good. I didnt need the steering aluminum piece tho. I think it was made for something else

Final product

The Ackerman bar? I've bent mine a few times. Hammer fixes it. While it is not a part I would buy, if you already have it, go ahead an put it in. Maybe it will save you a hammer job down the road.

The Ackerman bar? I've bent mine a few times. Hammer fixes it. While it is not a part I would buy, if you already have it, go ahead an put it in. Maybe it will save you a hammer job down the road.

Where do I put thist actually the bar.

Bad boys just Came in just now ready for weekend

cant wait to try these batteries

Attachments

• IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
On the steering bellcrank is that red aluminum part, it replaces that.

Attachments

• snap0029.jpg
    snap0029.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 50
That bar is a good upgrade. The stock one bent on mine right away, and while a hammer does "fix" it, the part is weakened and bends easier next time. Since the replacement with the Voltage Hobbies Part, no bends.

That bar is a good upgrade. The stock one bent on mine right away, and while a hammer does "fix" it, the part is weakened and bends easier next time. Since the replacement with the Voltage Hobbies Part, no bends.

Do you have any pictures before and after

Also any suggestions on Stainless steel screws? Or coating so I don't see no rust around the screws. And also any good spray lube to use after i wash my RC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back