Kraton Building my Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at those pictures of your diff cases makes me want to find a way to seal mine up.

Rpm arms done

Only if they make upgraded Diffs.

Attachments

• IMG_3725.JPG
    IMG_3725.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3726.JPG
    IMG_3726.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3727.JPG
    IMG_3727.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3722.JPG
    IMG_3722.JPG
    325.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3723.JPG
    IMG_3723.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 46
How was the fitment of the rear a arms? Mine were binding pretty bad and I had to sand them down to clear the rear bulkhead.

Got a few More goodies

Taking that pin in the front was a pia it was like stuck. Had to hammer it down real good.

Now just waiting on hot racing Wing mount
And I think thats pretty much it. The turnbuckle i heard they are a pain so ill keep it stock for now.

Attachments

• IMG_3780.JPG
    IMG_3780.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3784.JPG
    IMG_3784.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3787.JPG
    IMG_3787.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3789.JPG
    IMG_3789.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3791.JPG
    IMG_3791.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3793.JPG
    IMG_3793.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 56
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3793.JPG
    IMG_3793.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3797.JPG
    IMG_3797.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 49
I bought the same hot racing axle carriers :) was it easy to take the pillowballs out?

IT was not easy due to pins are seized had to spray liquid wrench penetrating oil to get in there and have a small tool to push the pin. I use one of my 1.5 tool pin and it broke! That how bad it was. Only on one side. The other ones just came off with a good tap. And dnt take the carrier out of the thread inside the Arms. Leave it just take the wheel off. Put a rubber malled under the carrier to stabilize it and tap away.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 46
Oh wow...ok krazy thanks I might hold a little then don't have too much time on my hands right now...Im sorry i just have another quick question thats off topic if you don't mind....any idea what is going on if I'm running 4 then 6s with cool down time and all of a sudden my truck just dies, no throttle just steering...once I turn her off and back on again she's fine...I just wanna know if this happens sometimes and if its just a cause of overheating or something

Oh wow...ok krazy thanks I might hold a little then don't have too much time on my hands right now...Im sorry i just have another quick question thats off topic if you don't mind....any idea what is going on if I'm running 4 then 6s with cool down time and all of a sudden my truck just dies, no throttle just steering...once I turn her off and back on again she's fine...I just wanna know if this happens sometimes and if its just a cause of overheating or something

actually that happens to me, I had 1 fan on and that happens after about 20mins then just steering active, wait about 3mins and back in action.
found out it was heating up,hence I started to bring my temp gun and ended up switching from 1 castle fan to 1 heatsink fan from hobbywing but you can get dual fans also I feel that will help as well, also after new fan the only time it would die is after about 45mins it just stops, that when I know now I am out of battery. I use 2x 3s with 6700mah its pretty good no more troubles

do you have a fan on the motor?
maybe your battery doesn't last long?

maybe those two are the only thing im thinking off.

actually that happens to me, I had 1 fan on and that happens after about 20mins then just steering active, wait about 3mins and back in action.
found out it was heating up,hence I started to bring my temp gun and ended up switching from 1 castle fan to 1 heatsink fan from hobbywing but you can get dual fans also I feel that will help as well, also after new fan the only time it would die is after about 45mins it just stops, that when I know now I am out of battery. I use 2x 3s with 6700mah its pretty good no more troubles

do you have a fan on the motor?
maybe your battery doesn't last long?

maybe those two are the only thing im thinking off.
ok at least I'm not the only one lol

I have the stock fan on the esc and have a hobbywing heat sink and fan on the motor which I thought would definitely cool it down

I don't wanna burn up my motor so that's why I let it cool down and switch off with my raider xl. I was running the 14t pinion which broke yesterday lol the arrma ones definitely suck that's the second one that went.

When I started out I had a lot of traxxas batteries so I ended up buying xt90 to traxxas connectors...could that be something too

ok at least I'm not the only one lol

I have the stock fan on the esc and have a hobbywing heat sink and fan on the motor which I thought would definitely cool it down

I don't wanna burn up my motor so that's why I let it cool down and switch off with my raider xl. I was running the 14t pinion which broke yesterday lol the arrma ones definitely suck that's the second one that went.

When I started out I had a lot of traxxas batteries so I ended up buying xt90 to traxxas connectors...could that be something too

14t is good also.
do you have bigger tires?

what can lead to is bigger gears mean more work for motor
if you have bigger tires like trenchers stick with 13t steel gear less load on motor to spin those big tires quicker.

I have a stampede kept overheater due to big tires and I just change the pinion gear no fan and ran for hrs ......

then I just put dual fan on stampede and just helps a bit. But lesser gear will definitely help also if your motor is getting up there in temparature

Nope! the only that isn't stock on my truck as of right now is the hobbywing heat sink and fan that's it...I bought some Robinson Racing pinions I have a 12 a 14 and a 16t maybe I'll go back to the 12

Any suggestions for a new esc fan??

I was thinkin about it all day lol I definitely wanna upgrade from the stock one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back