Built a ramp for the Outcast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fahd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So...I'm tired of the same pile of dirt that's in the front yard (and it will soon be moved/used as fill anyway), so I decided to head out back and find some scrap to build a ramp.

44 inches wide, 38 inches tall, and I didn't bother measuring the length at the bottom. The approach angle was precisely measured with a compass (a string attached to a screw, tied around a pencil at the other end, haha.) The face is going to be covered with canoe board. Genuine world famous Old Town Canoe board. (Fun useless fact; I graduated from Old Town High School.) That stuff should be flexible enough to give us a smooth surface throughout.

On the next ramp I build the string will be longer, allowing for less vertical lift, resulting in a distance jump rather than height. The third ramp will be a warped wall allowing for jumps like those seen in one of my videos where we do back flips off the snow plow.

Because of their size, I'll be installing caster wheels at the bottom front so that when the ramp is tipped forward, it can be rolled around.

Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow. My wife has her new Nikon D3400, too...so I'm sure we'll get some cool videos of the Outcast and Kraton breaking something!

IMG_20170512_215053.jpg
IMG_20170512_215106.jpg
IMG_20170512_215549.jpg

So...I'm tired of the same pile of dirt that's in the front yard (and it will soon be moved/used as fill anyway), so I decided to head out back and find some scrap to build a ramp.

44 inches wide, 38 inches tall, and I didn't bother measuring the length at the bottom. The approach angle was precisely measured with a compass (a string attached to a screw, tied around a pencil at the other end, haha.) The face is going to be covered with canoe board. Genuine world famous Old Town Canoe board. (Fun useless fact; I graduated from Old Town High School.) That stuff should be flexible enough to give us a smooth surface throughout.

On the next ramp I build the string will be longer, allowing for less vertical lift, resulting in a distance jump rather than height. The third ramp will be a warped wall allowing for jumps like those seen in one of my videos where we do back flips off the snow plow.

Because of their size, I'll be installing caster wheels at the bottom front so that when the ramp is tipped forward, it can be rolled around.

Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow. My wife has her new Nikon D3400, too...so I'm sure we'll get some cool videos of the Outcast and Kraton breaking something!

View attachment 10045 View attachment 10046 View attachment 10047
That's mad almost vert !! It's gunna launch big time. No u can't move that dirt mound from your front yard bra !!! No !! :eek: Save the pile of dirt petition!!

That's mad almost vert !! It's gunna launch big time. No u can't move that dirt mound from your front yard bra !!! No !! :eek: Save the pile of dirt petition!!
Haha, I think it'll send 'em high for sure. We'll find out in a couple of hours.

If it were up to me, the piles of dirt would stay. My father lives next door to me and they're his. He'll be using them for fill soon. Not all bad, though. He told me last night that we should build a bunch of different size ramps, all from wood, and make a track that spans between his property and mine. Sounds like we could have a pretty cool place for RC here before long! He loves to watch us run the trucks, and even thought about buying his own.

Haha, I think it'll send 'em high for sure. We'll find out in a couple of hours.

If it were up to me, the piles of dirt would stay. My father lives next door to me and they're his. He'll be using them for fill soon. Not all bad, though. He told me last night that we should build a bunch of different size ramps, all from wood, and make a track that spans between his property and mine. Sounds like we could have a pretty cool place for RC here before long! He loves to watch us run the trucks, and even thought about buying his own.
Sweet !! Make sure you post some pics bra

Well...unfortunately the Outcast couldn't hold up to the jump. Broke a shock shaft after three jumps. My wife took a video of all three, though.

Then I took my 4wd Stampede out and went through 2 battery packs on the same jump with no problems. She got almost 700 pictures (LOTS of burst shots) of the Stampede. Go figure, huh? lol

She's gone to the hobby shop to get my shock shafts while I work a bit on a website, so I won't have the vid of the Outcast up until tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Just checked her phone. She got a vid of my second jump, and the one that broke the shock shaft. MASSIVE air on the first one, not as much on the second. lol

Well...unfortunately the Outcast couldn't hold up to the jump. Broke a shock shaft after three jumps. My wife took a video of all three, though.

Then I took my 4wd Stampede out and went through 2 battery packs on the same jump with no problems. She got almost 700 pictures (LOTS of burst shots) of the Stampede. Go figure, huh? lol

She's gone to the hobby shop to get my shock shafts while I work a bit on a website, so I won't have the vid of the Outcast up until tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Just checked her phone. She got a vid of my second jump, and the one that broke the shock shaft. MASSIVE air on the first one, not as much on the second. lol
She's gone to the hobby shop to get the shafts ?
How goods dat she's a keeper ha ha !!

Killer ramp, waaaayy to vert for rc jumping (well for such a heavy truck).

I have a ramp in the 45 degree angle, and the Talion goes airborne about 30 out (not up).

I believe you about the Stampede, I got a vintage Rustler converted to brushless, and that thing on a 2S flies. They are so light and nimble, they can be stupidly tossed around.

The ramp is legit, great wood design cutting skills!

That ramp is gonna launch you into orbit! Better stock up on spare parts... LOL

She's gone to the hobby shop to get the shafts ?
How goods dat she's a keeper ha ha !!
Haha, that she is!

Killer ramp, waaaayy to vert for rc jumping (well for such a heavy truck).

I have a ramp in the 45 degree angle, and the Talion goes airborne about 30 out (not up).

I believe you about the Stampede, I got a vintage Rustler converted to brushless, and that thing on a 2S flies. They are so light and nimble, they can be stupidly tossed around.

The ramp is legit, great wood design cutting skills!

I bash hard, lol. Two days ago I was jumping it off the rim atop a 60 foot wall at the pit. My brother jumped this ramp continuously for a full 6k 6S pack. Stripped his junk stock pinion toward the end, but that can happen on flat ground with those. He then drained 2 batteries with his Skully doing the same, and all was well.

That ramp is gonna launch you into orbit! Better stock up on spare parts... LOL
It does! The video she got is WAY out of focus because it was the very first time using her new camera, but it's worth seeing. Haha I'll try to get it up tonight.

Ok, here's the video. It's incredibly blurry because it is the very first thing captured by our new camera and she hadn't yet learned how to use it, but I thought it was worth the upload just because of the vertical lift I get from this thing, haha.

The second jump in the video (which was my third time hitting the jump) is where I broke the shock shaft. Jump order (if it's too blurry to see) is: Outcast - Stampede - Kraton - Outcast

And I know it's blasphemous, but here's some of the pics she got after getting used to the camera. Unfortunately, the Outcast was broken by then. (Outcast went MUCH higher.) Had to use Gimps "Save for web" to drastically reduce the file size. 24 megapixel cameras make the forum say "hell no, you can't upload a file of that size." lol 6000x4000 pics are crazy.
stampair01.jpg
stampair02.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty extreme, I want to build something about half that size. I have all the leftovers, just not the time. I was thinking to roll the top edge over a bit.

That's pretty extreme, I want to build something about half that size. I have all the leftovers, just not the time. I was thinking to roll the top edge over a bit.
In the process of building another one right now. The new one will be about eight feet wide, half to three quarters the height, and very little vertical lift. It will serve two purposes; 1 - a sloped landing opposite of the big ramp above 2 - a smaller jump to return to the side the big ramp is on. This way we'll have a height jump (above) and a distance jump (the new one).

EDIT: We like extreme. :)

cool you a Arrma employee with parts available,cause most arrma bashers have more then one arrma cause they are waiting parts for one or the other.
I've never had a problem finding parts until this shock shaft broke, but I think I found a fix for that, too. Just waiting for those parts to get here before I try the fix and post about it. I could buy complete shocks (those are available), but don't want to spend that much money.

I've never had a problem finding parts until this shock shaft broke, but I think I found a fix for that, too. Just waiting for those parts to get here before I try the fix and post about it. I could buy complete shocks (those are available), but don't want to spend that much money.[/QUOTE notice that about arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back