Kraton Built a ramp today with a Buzz Aldrin theme

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYfan2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Inspired with all the ramps that people are building I decided it was a nice day today to built one myself, what else can you do when it's 35°C outside (95°F).
I had a plate of Dibond with a picture of Buzz Aldrin on the moon lying around so I used that, looks cool I think. (Dibond is 2 thin layers of aluminium with a layer polyethylene in between). I ordered the picture of Buzz Aldrin as an art work but the first one had some printing faults so the company send me a second for free, I used the one with faults for the ramp. The Dibond is thin, strong and bendable.
The ramp is also foldable so it's easy to transport and store. The angle, at the top is 45°, it's about 60 cm high (2ft) and 80 cm wide (2ft 7,5").
Tomorrow and the day after it's even getting hotter so I'm not sure if I go out wih the cars but I'll try to test the ramp this week.

Inspired with all the ramps that people are building I decided it was a nice day today to built one myself, what else can you do when it's 35°C outside (95°F).
I had a plate of Dibond with a picture of Buzz Aldrin on the moon lying around so I used that, looks cool I think. (Dibond is 2 thin layers of aluminium with a layer polyethylene in between). I ordered the picture of Buzz Aldrin as an art work but the first one had some printing faults so the company send me a second for free, I used the one with faults for the ramp. The Dibond is thin, strong and bendable.
The ramp is also foldable so it's easy to transport and store. The angle, at the top is 45°, it's about 60 cm high (2ft) and 80 cm wide (2ft 7,5").
Tomorrow and the day after it's even getting hotter so I'm not sure if I go out wih the cars but I'll try to test the ramp this week.

View attachment 43714

View attachment 43715

View attachment 43716

View attachment 43717

View attachment 43718
Holy moly that thing will send them to the moon!

View attachment 43714

View attachment 43715

View attachment 43716

View attachment 43717

View attachment 43718
This is a great compact design and I share my birth month and year with this historic event. Love it!

it's beautiful, clever and lightweight, but i am a little worried it won't survive the first session. keep us posted.

it's beautiful, clever and lightweight, but i am a little worried it won't survive the first session. keep us posted.
Before I mounted the topplate I also had some doubts about the toughness of the construction but with the topplate mounted it became very rigid. The line that I use looks thin but can carry 140kg (308 lb). The only worry that I have is that the impact of the car will push the ramp forward so that after a few runs it will collapse but if that's the case it's an easy fix.

I'm also a moderate basher, I don't send my cars like Bicketybam or Rich Duperbash so that will also make a difference.
But I'll keep you updated if the ramp is tough enough.

Before I mounted the topplate I also had some doubts about the toughness of the construction but with the topplate mounted it became very rigid. The line that I use looks thin but can carry 140kg (308 lb). The only worry that I have is that the impact of the car will push the ramp forward so that after a few runs it will collapse but if that's the case it's an easy fix.

I'm also a moderate basher, I don't send my cars like Bicketybam or Rich Duperbash so that will also make a difference.
But I'll keep you updated if the ramp is tough enough.
I appreciate the mention but I'm not in the same league as @Rich Duperbash ? You should have wrote @RC DUDE81 and Rich Duperbash ???

Tested the ramp last week, but was busy so I had no time to post the results.
The ramp worked very well, it's a bit on the small side for my Kraton, needs precise steering to hit it good, but for the Senton it's perfect. It also held up very well, just some scratches from the cars further no problems.
It's amazing how much air that the cars are doing, also amzing how much abuse the cars can have, Senton (3S) no problems at all, only have an inprint of the shock caps of the rear shocks in the body after a heavy roof landing. The Kraton (6S) had a tumble and a pivot ball popped out, also the head of the allen screws that hold the rear wing have sheared off, but it had some heavy landings on the rear wing and/or roof.
Here are some pictures of the ramp after the driving session.

I like your ramp, but tha angle looks really aggressive.

Tested the ramp last week, but was busy so I had no time to post the results.
The ramp worked very well, it's a bit on the small side for my Kraton, needs precise steering to hit it good, but for the Senton it's perfect. It also held up very well, just some scratches from the cars further no problems.
It's amazing how much air that the cars are doing, also amzing how much abuse the cars can have, Senton (3S) no problems at all, only have an inprint of the shock caps of the rear shocks in the body after a heavy roof landing. The Kraton (6S) had a tumble and a pivot ball popped out, also the head of the allen screws that hold the rear wing have sheared off, but it had some heavy landings on the rear wing and/or roof.
Here are some pictures of the ramp after the driving session.

View attachment 45051

View attachment 45052
nice one. colour me jealous ;) great to see a portable that doesn't break. if you made a second, you'd have double width :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back