Kraton Built an RC ramp today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@LenBuck72 Really love those cutouts on the side... what tool did you use, jigsaw or router I presume? I'm going to build me one soon, dig your design

@LenBuck72 Really love those cutouts on the side... what tool did you use, jigsaw or router I presume? I'm going to build me one soon, dig your design
Thanks, man! I probably should’ve used a router, but for this I just used a boring bit to get the corners punched through, then a jigsaw to “connect the dots”. Finished with a sander to round off the edges. I might bust out the router on the next (bigger) one to get it a little cleaner.

0B8AB192-8436-4763-88C4-B7B7218C0B92.jpeg

Looks like a very well made ramp. I'm actually considering making one that comes apart so I could put it in my SUV safely. I may do each section 12" wide. I just need to give it more thought and planning. My goal would be to keep it modular, light, expandable and functional. I'll see if I ever get around to designing it.

That's a great looking ramp! I had to rebuild my first a few times before I was happy with it. I'm looking to make one that doesn't send the car to the moon.

Kv5 newbie here. Built my first ramp yesterday, but I think it might be too narrow at only 24”. I was trying to use scraps I had in the garage, but it’s pretty hard to hit it dead on at speed ...It was a fun exercise and hope to learn pros/cons for the next one (....definitely 36-48”)
Yeah, my first ramp was 2 feet wide. Fun, but too hard to hit with speed. 3 feet is minimum. 4 feet would be even better, but it wouldn't fit in my car.

I think I may rebuild mine with split 2x4's like Woodley99. The cutouts are also a good idea. Lighter would definitely be better.

Looks like a very well made ramp. I'm actually considering making one that comes apart so I could put it in my SUV safely. I may do each section 12" wide. I just need to give it more thought and planning. My goal would be to keep it modular, light, expandable and functional. I'll see if I ever get around to designing it.
Thanks, Fatal. Keeping it suv-friendly was definitely part of the equation. I’m also noodling the modular or fold-flat concept, but not sure I’ve got the engineering chops. Half the fun is trying, though.
Yeah, my first ramp was 2 feet wide. Fun, but too hard to hit with speed. 3 feet is minimum. 4 feet would be even better, but it wouldn't fit in my car.

I think I may rebuild mine with split 2x4's like Woodley99. The cutouts are also a good idea. Lighter would definitely be better.
I’m thinking about making a second one and joining them with some c-clamps for a 4-footer. Could also practice some low-speed ramp-to-ramp stuff in the yard.
That's a great looking ramp! I had to rebuild my first a few times before I was happy with it. I'm looking to make one that doesn't send the car to the moon.
Yeah, I’m still learning the flight control thing, so 16-18” is plenty for me at the moment. I’m landing on my nose, tail, or roof more often than I’d like to admit.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back