Built my first ramp - a 2 for 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
I wanted to make an adjustable ramp but couldn't come up with something I liked. So instead I made a two piece ramp that I can use in 2 configurations. One piece is a 9" <30deg really mild ramp or curb hopper. Attach the second piece and it's 24" with a 45deg kicker. All 4ft wide because my aim is poor.

All I had laying around for the face was that brown hard pegboard type material (no holes). Seems strong enough, but if the screws end up pulling through, I'll just reface it with 1/4" plywood later. Trying to make it just strong enough but still be able to carry one piece in either hand easily/far.

Testing in the grass with my fireteam 6s, I didn't even have to clamp it together. But I will use the quick grip clamps shown in the picture generally. Takes 2 seconds, vs. having hardware or bolts or something.

I think if you played with the geometry, you might be able to come up with a 3 in 1 combo. But as is, the kicker part is too steep to hit on it's own laying on the side.

IMG_0182.JPEG
IMG_0181.JPEG
IMG_0177.JPEG
IMG_0180.JPEG

I wanted to make an adjustable ramp but couldn't come up with something I liked. So instead I made a two piece ramp that I can use in 2 configurations. One piece is a 9" <30deg really mild ramp or curb hopper. Attach the second piece and it's 24" with a 45deg kicker. All 4ft wide because my aim is poor.

All I had laying around for the face was that brown hard pegboard type material (no holes). Seems strong enough, but if the screws end up pulling through, I'll just reface it with 1/4" plywood later. Trying to make it just strong enough but still be able to carry one piece in either hand easily/far.

Testing in the grass with my fireteam 6s, I didn't even have to clamp it together. But I will use the quick grip clamps shown in the picture generally. Takes 2 seconds, vs. having hardware or bolts or something.

I think if you played with the geometry, you might be able to come up with a 3 in 1 combo. But as is, the kicker part is too steep to hit on it's own laying on the side.

View attachment 235990View attachment 235988View attachment 235987View attachment 235989
Beautiful job man!! Get ready for some destruction...& a LOT of laughs!!!😆🤘

Looks great! That hard board material won’t hold up to the heavier cars though, just FYI. I built a ramp out of some hard board material and once you clip the edge of the ramp, the hardboard will actually start to tear. Then it’s only a matter of time before your next car goes through the ramp rather than up it. I had this happen with @dure0016. I’ve since built a new ramp and double layered 3/8 plywood on the top and used a sheet of polycarbonate as transition from the ground to the ramp.

Looks really good.
Love the modular design -simply and effective.

Basically it's just version 1.0.. If you make ramp surface with thicker/tougher material.
And give it a few coats of raptor liner to ruggedized against the weather.
You got a winner there. 🍺

Great job man!! Looks awesome!! Love the creativity with the 2 in 1 feature, never would have thought of that! Very cool! (y) ✌️

I took it out today and it worked great. Added a pair of latches on the sides to hold the two pieces together instead of having to carry wood clamps around. Super easy and seems to hold together well so far. Takes up less space than it normally would in the shed too.

IMG_0191 Large.jpeg

IMG_0187 Large.jpeg

IMG_0190 Large.jpeg

IMG_0193 Large.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back