Big Rock BukShyPro fully upgraded 4S Beef Rock, I mean Big Rock!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
So I took all Kraton stuff and threw it on the Rock (except sway bars, center brace).

So we got:
  • upgraded, full metal diffs F/R
  • Slipper clutch w/ metal spur
  • 4s upgraded driveshafts
  • 4s axles
  • 4s c, steering and rear hubs
  • upgraded rod ends + turnbuckles
  • 17mm hex and nut
  • 3.8" dBoots Copperhead2 tires
  • 4S suspension arms
  • 4S shocks 😍
  • S652 servo 18kg
  • Firma 2400kv motor
  • 120A 3-4S ESC

The body has to be cut a bit cuz it touches the shock springs.

IMG-20230222-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20230222-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230222-WA0004.jpg

The reason why Im happy about this is that shocks are always a pain point. What to use what to upgrade, I had no clue the 4S shocks just fit so well on 3S. And everything else haha. Then the jump from 3S shocks to 4S shocks is absolutely insane and when you got jennysrc ro get them cheap, or us in the UK, its reliable, Arrma and cheap.

edit. The pic has Vorteks vs Kraton shocks. Big Rock shocks are 99% same length

IMG_20230213_202520__01__01.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good bud! How does it run and fly?
I didn't run it yet. To be honest Im an awful basher 😁 I love building and wrenching more. I am right now doing the exact same thing on Vorteks rofl

Somehow my OCD pleased w the kind of beauties I can do w all these parts and I rather feel anxious when I bash and jump.

I also just wanted people to know, you don't need to buy aftermarket stuff that is often hit and miss. The 4S parts are beef, nothing else.

IMG_20230222_230507.jpg

I didn't run it yet. To be honest Im an awful basher 😁 I love building and wrenching more. I am right now doing the exact same thing on Vorteks rofl

Somehow my OCD pleased w the kind of beauties I can do w all these parts and I rather feel anxious when I bash and jump.

I also just wanted people to know, you don't need to buy aftermarket stuff that is often hit and miss. The 4S parts are beef, nothing else.

View attachment 280373
They can take a beating, don’t worry. Both my 4s builds have been driven pretty hard in the short time since I finished them. Sure, I broke a chassis and shock tower right off the bat…but it took effort.

0FC38079-8341-4934-A12A-3E39F1E12FF3.jpeg

04FF0B2D-CD9A-4EA2-921B-9EBEB63503BF.jpeg

Oh, if you’re going to jump it you definitely want to put a tower to tower brace in.

They can take a beating, don’t worry. Both my 4s builds have been driven pretty hard in the short time since I finished them. Sure, I broke a chassis and shock tower right off the bat…but it took effort.

View attachment 280380

View attachment 280381
Oh, if you’re going to jump it you definitely want to put a tower to tower brace in.
I wouldnt forget your cars 😍

Jesus, the Vorteks is done too. Will post a new thread. The 4S just works on 3S cars, this js crazy good.

View attachment 280390

View attachment 280391
Bit tight there but fine:
Cool…It looks good with v2 arms! I put v1, 4s arms RPM arms on mine. They about a half inch shorter each then the v2. I wanted it that way for jumping and had them already also. Mojave front and back shocks with Kraton springs, m2c mount, TBone aluminum tower to tower brace, spectrum 130a esc, cnc diffs and spur, 4s driveshafts…Thing flys and rips!

Last edited:
So I took all Kraton stuff and threw it on the Rock (except sway bars, center brace).

So we got:
  • upgraded, full metal diffs F/R
  • Slipper clutch w/ metal spur
  • 4s upgraded driveshafts
  • 4s axles
  • 4s c, steering and rear hubs
  • upgraded rod ends + turnbuckles
  • 17mm hex and nut
  • 3.8" dBoots Copperhead2 tires
  • 4S suspension arms
  • 4S shocks 😍
  • S652 servo 18kg
  • Firma 2400kv motor
  • 120A 3-4S ESC

The body has to be cut a bit cuz it touches the shock springs.

View attachment 280362

View attachment 280363

View attachment 280364
The reason why Im happy about this is that shocks are always a pain point. What to use what to upgrade, I had no clue the 4S shocks just fit so well on 3S. And everything else haha. Then the jump from 3S shocks to 4S shocks is absolutely insane and when you got jennysrc ro get them cheap, or us in the UK, its reliable, Arrma and cheap.

edit. The pic has Vorteks vs Kraton shocks. Big Rock shocks are 99% same length

View attachment 280365
Did you use kraton 4s arms on it?

Did you use kraton 4s arms on it?
Yep! I actually also did the same on my Vorteks, which now I broke, so I ll transfer the whole stuff over to a Big Rock chassis now. Will get back with pictures on Thursday, I will be building it in the office, my CEO wants to see hahah 😁

Here s how the Vorteks looked, w Corally Kronos tires and Arrma dBoots Backflip tires

IMG_20230312_090931.jpg

IMG_20230324_193819.jpg

Yep! I actually also did the same on my Vorteks, which now I broke, so I ll transfer the whole stuff over to a Big Rock chassis now. Will get back with pictures on Thursday, I will be building it in the office, my CEO wants to see hahah 😁

Here s how the Vorteks looked, w Corally Kronos tires and Arrma dBoots Backflip tires

View attachment 288752

View attachment 288753
Love that vorteks I had one for a lil while it fast

Love that vorteks I had one for a lil while it fast
this one is not fast. It's actually a very silly car. its not a Vorteks anymore and not an Outcast either, its a big square spider that wheelies on 3S battery and 50% on a 4S system HAHAHAH. But I love it anyway.
The original Vorteks is a great little 1/10 car tho, absolutely rips on tarmac and just dirt. thats why they got the SR6200A gyro receiver in it, so it can help with streetbashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back