Mojave Bulkheads: Hot Racing vs Vitavon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gp5 ring gear needs to be on the exb cup with the rest of the exb stuff. It appears you just put the gp5 ring on a regular diff cup. Assembled correctly both diffs have the same external dimensions.
Also it uses flat screws that sit flush. The more I look at those pics the more wrong I see.

€ 49,43 21%OFF | Nieuwe Enron AR310427 AR310854 Voor/Achter Differentieel Versnellingsbak Case Set Voor Rc 1/8 1/7 Arrma Kraton Typhon Talion Onbegrensde 6S
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vEZFdk

I have to say that those wheel hubs from Vitavon are top notch, but I can't judge the diff case. I wonder if these are what? But you probably don't have any experience with that either.

I put the GP5 diffs in the Vitavon bulkheads and they fit PERFECT...better than stock. I didn't even need to shim them and they are butter smooth. The problem is the aluminum diff cases DO NOT fit the Vitavon bulkheads. I made two aluminum cases for a build and when I tried to put them in they were off. I think its the lip at the bottom of the aluminum case that causes the issue. That lip sort of "lifts" the case and makes it hard to even insert. If you do get them inside the fit is totally off. I had to take them both apart and put them back into the original cases and they were fine...slipped right in, were smooth and matched up to the pinion perfect.

So if you're gonna go Vitavon you MUST leave the diffs in the original cases and simply take the pinion out of the stock and insert it into the Vitavon as normal. I tried to get fancy and because it's machined so well there's no need for it. Vitavon quality is above and beyond anything i've seen...and thats for the bulkeads and hubs. HR is nice also but Vitavon is better machined and better quality material IMHO. Can't go wrong with either one and I've had and still use both.

I put the GP5 diffs in the Vitavon bulkheads and they fit PERFECT...better than stock. I didn't even need to shim them and they are butter smooth. The problem is the aluminum diff cases DO NOT fit the Vitavon bulkheads. I made two aluminum cases for a build and when I tried to put them in they were off. I think its the lip at the bottom of the aluminum case that causes the issue. That lip sort of "lifts" the case and makes it hard to even insert. If you do get them inside the fit is totally off. I had to take them both apart and put them back into the original cases and they were fine...slipped right in, were smooth and matched up to the pinion perfect.

So if you're gonna go Vitavon you MUST leave the diffs in the original cases and simply take the pinion out of the stock and insert it into the Vitavon as normal. I tried to get fancy and because it's machined so well there's no need for it. Vitavon quality is above and beyond anything i've seen...and thats for the bulkeads and hubs. HR is nice also but Vitavon is better machined and better quality material IMHO. Can't go wrong with either one and I've had and still use both.
What aluminum cases fit the GP5 ring gear? The pics of the GP5 ring gear in this thread were on the regular rtr diff cups. That is why the person was having clearance issues. It is very apparent by looking at the pics.

A properly assembled diff aluminum or plastic cup has the same dimensions.

What aluminum cases fit the GP5 ring gear? The pics of the GP5 ring gear in this thread were on the regular rtr diff cups. That is why the person was having clearance issues. It is very apparent by looking at the pics.

A properly assembled diff aluminum or plastic cup has the same dimensions.
I gave up on the aluminum diff cases and went back to stock. I don't know if any aluminum cases will fit the Vitavon. I know the ones I bought were a no-go. If they make one without the extra lip on the bottom they'd fit fine I think. Its that lip on the bottom that gave me problems.

I gave up on the aluminum diff cases and went back to stock. I don't know if any aluminum cases will fit the Vitavon. I know the ones I bought were a no-go. If they make one without the extra lip on the bottom they'd fit fine I think. Its that lip on the bottom that gave me problems.
I have run aluminum bulkheads with aluminum diff cups with the rtr 43t ring gear no issues. The pics in this thread show the exb gp5 ring gear on an aluminum rtr diff cup which is what was causing the rubbing. The gp5 ring gear needs to be on the correct diff cup with the correct internals and outdrives.

I hope this helps.
The gp5 gear circled does not belong on those cases. Also the screws that hold it, on the cases in which it belongs, are flat head.

Attachments

• 20220108_120909.jpg
    20220108_120909.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220108_120929.jpg
    20220108_120929.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Admins, Take this thread down. It’s full of misinformation. Like pointed out before. The issues pointed out here are mismatched parts. It’s not an issue with ANY of the bulkhead brands.

Admins, Take this thread down. It’s full of misinformation. Like pointed out before. The issues pointed out here are mismatched parts. It’s not an issue with ANY of the bulkhead brands.
Uhhh how about I disagree and would prefer this thread to remain open.

Thread will remain

That’s not how discussions work here and unless there’s been a major rule violation and the entire thread has run off into the ditch, it should NOT be removed.

Correct anything that you feel needs further debate and let the discussion continue.

Ok, sounds good. I tried not to come off like an ass after discovering that slew of mistakes. Happy bashing all!

On a different note I have the perfect rig of the month pic but I guess I need more posts before I can enter.

Because the information has been corrected and this forum is about learning to me. I'm not into the cancel everything culture.
For a strong example that you either get or it goes over your head: I posted on this thread about a year ago and I've grown on my thoughts. As I just reread the thread it was (informative) to learn what was thought to be one thing but was something different. Kinda like science. 👍
Are we being serious guys?

My apologies if my contribution has offended or mislead anyone of my arrma fam. I like to share pics for more eyes on poop. Yes it was obvious wrong fitment duh.
We grow and learn so much from ea other here. I like to think all appropriate content is welcome! I toss up all my pics for feedback and homage from y’all 🤙
And yes the vitavon diffs are the cats ass if you have the wallet for em. I don’t believe in aluminum arms of you go aluminum bulks. For me, the vitavon is a tolerance free housing for the traction of built rig.
IMO and from my experience; stock power+-10% all stock bulks and diffs. Going 25-50% + power ur doing diffs every 5-10 hits on stock driveline. I’m still using the vitavon after the wreck!

P.s. after posting pics of said misinformation and working on the gp/rtr fitment and much fine tuning I ran a WR in that Mojave w those same diffs and bulks 😉

She stays. 👍🏻

Some eye candy. Vitavon, m2c, PPS, and Basherqueens carbon fiber parts are in this build. The vitavon steering bell crank is so smooth. A heads up for Vitavon orders, if the order is of a large sum you can ask or DHL Express shipping

20220302_155001.jpg

20220302_155027.jpg

20220302_155151.jpg

20220302_155446.jpg

Too pretty, lol.

20220217_131302.jpg

Pure basher. M8x40mm with wing nuts to hold the front of the body. Moulded plastic from a pudding container, e6000 and gorilla tape on the inside to reinforce.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back