Mojave Bulkheads: Hot Racing vs Vitavon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread. But Vitavon is a hit and miss??. Bought two. To replace on the limitless. The rear accepted the aluminum diff no issues whatsoever. The other hand. The front diff accept plastic diff which I don't want to use. I've had dermal the front. Only still have the issue. Not sure if it will work or not. Input and ring gear sound loose compared to the rear built diff.. along with feelings like there's a bind between the bearings.

20220706_203351.jpg

20220712_193935.jpg

20220712_194017.jpg

20220712_204920.jpg

Old thread. But Vitavon is a hit and miss??. Bought two. To replace on the limitless. The rear accepted the aluminum diff no issues whatsoever. The other hand. The front diff accept plastic diff which I don't want to use. I've had dermal the front. Only still have the issue. Not sure if it will work or not. Input and ring gear sound loose compared to the rear built diff.. along with feelings like there's a bind between the bearings.

View attachment 229432

View attachment 229433

View attachment 229434

View attachment 229435
Is the red aluminum diff cup for the rtr or exb diff? You probably have the wrong ring gear on the cup. I believe I already pointed out the issues people were having. Rtr and exb diff parts are not compatible.

Is the red aluminum diff cup for the rtr or exb diff? You probably have the wrong ring gear on the cup. I believe I already pointed out the issues people were having. Rtr and exb diff parts are not compatible.
Interesting that the rear had no issues.. these are arrma aluminum diffs. Never had any problems with hot racing version either... but the end result. I shaved some burr off and it's like butter. 👍

The diff cases are identical there isn't a front and rear.
Not what I remotely said. There universal.. the way I said it though.... I already have my rear installed without issues... front was given me issues. But I know that there not....

If the 2 cases are identical front and rear (which they are) then it's the diff itself or the installation of the 10t pinion gear. Not sure how else to put it.
I might have worded it wrong. But simple answer. I know that there identical. Think though the lack of sleep and somehow the wording. You're not telling me anything new lol. I was simply stating that I had to dremel the other one so it fit properly. Felt to tight.

I might have worded it wrong. But simple answer. I know that there identical. Think though the lack of sleep and somehow the wording. You're not telling me anything new lol. I was simply stating that I had to dremel the other one so it fit properly. Felt to tight.
Makes no sense that the plastic diff fit but not the aluminum one. If the aluminum was built correctly than it has the exact same dimensions. That's why I asked if there were rtr and exb parts mixed to build that diff.

i know this thread is old but what the hell is the difference between a diff cup/housing (think those 2 were referred to the same part) and bulkhead? doesn't the bulkhead house the differential making it a diff housing?

i know this thread is old but what the hell is the difference between a diff cup/housing (think those 2 were referred to the same part) and bulkhead? doesn't the bulkhead house the differential making it a diff housing?
The diff cup is the part of the diff itself the housing or bulkhead holds the diff.

so this thread discussed vitavon VS hot racing but where does integy come into play. i just recently got back into the hobby but 12 years ago integy was considered pretty much shelf queen quality so where do their bulkheads stand these days? i might create my own thread since this one seems kind of old and dead.
edit: actually im gonna. i got a kraton just sitting in pieces and if i decide to spend the $110 for vitavon its gonna be sitting a bit longer. thats not cool, better get on it.

I gave up on the aluminum diff cases and went back to stock. I don't know if any aluminum cases will fit the Vitavon. I know the ones I bought were a no-go. If they make one without the extra lip on the bottom they'd fit fine I think. Its that lip on the bottom that gave me problems.
I am trying to understand what you mean, when you mention that 'lip'. Would you mind posting a picture?

I am trying to understand what you mean, when you mention that 'lip'. Would you mind posting a picture?
I believe the issue was the diff he had built was a combination of exb and rtr parts by the picturesI saw. I tried to help awhile ago... this thread really should be taken down.

A correctly built diff should fit in whatever bulkhead you choose.

I have run aluminum bulkheads with aluminum diff cups with the rtr 43t ring gear no issues. The pics in this thread show the exb gp5 ring gear on an aluminum rtr diff cup which is what was causing the rubbing. The gp5 ring gear needs to be on the correct diff cup with the correct internals and outdrives.

I hope this helps.

The gp5 gear circled does not belong on those cases. Also the screws that hold it, on the cases in which it belongs, are flat head.
GP5’s do not need to be on EXD diffs. Just need to make sure they are straight cut. RTR GP5

Last edited:
GP5’s do not need to be on EXD diffs. Just need to make sure they are straight cut. RTR GP5
Find the part numbers for all those parts. I'm not convinced it's the same ring gear. Exb and rtr cases are not the same width. The exb ring gear in the picture I commented on should have had flat head screws. The gear on that diff you linked has to be different to keep the same diameter. I have built and rebuilt hundreds of these diffs. Simply putting an exb ring off an exb diff on a rtr diff doesn't work. Please end the confusion, lol.

Find the part numbers for all those parts. I'm not convinced it's the same ring gear. Exb and rtr cases are not the same width. The exb ring gear in the picture I commented on should have had flat head screws. The gear on that diff you linked has to be different to keep the same diameter. I have built and rebuilt hundreds of these diffs. Simply putting an exb ring off an exb diff on a rtr diff doesn't work. Please end the confusion, lol.
That is correct, you cannot swap the parts. You have however incorrectly identified the part. The GP5 ring gear you see has those screws because that is what goes on the straight cut GP5 pictured. I’ve included the link from Arrma so you can get all the part numbers you need. In short, the user installing a straight cut GP5 gear on a RTR diff is supported. Arrma GP5

That is correct, you cannot swap the parts. You have however incorrectly identified the part. The GP5 ring gear you see has those screws because that is what goes on the straight cut GP5 pictured. I’ve included the link from Arrma so you can get all the part numbers you need. In short, the user installing a straight cut GP5 gear on a RTR diff is supported. Arrma GP5
That ridge on the gp5 ring pictured tells me it is one that would come on a Kraton or Mojave exb diff. The one on that amain diff does not have that ridge. That is why those 2 diffs pictured have different dimensions.

That ridge on the gp5 ring pictured tells me it is one that would come on a Kraton or Mojave exb diff. The one on that amain diff does not have that ridge. That is why those 2 diffs pictured have different dimensions.
I think there is a miscommunication, what you have circled in the second picture is the correct GP5 gear. In the first pircture that is the EXB GP5 gear. Those are not the same gear. I’ve included a picture of my 31mm GP5 gear as well as yours.

29C791C7-C3BD-42A5-90DB-13694855E2F4.jpeg

6756382F-D6C7-4E47-B62A-5600B3E0C021.jpeg

I think there is a miscommunication, what you have circled in the second picture is the correct GP5 gear. In the first pircture that is the EXB GP5 gear. Those are not the same gear. I’ve included a picture of my 31mm GP5 gear as well as yours.

View attachment 268896

View attachment 268897
There's the issue.

20230111_012010.jpg

View attachment 268896

View attachment 268897
And just to be clear none of these are mine. I was just trying to help someone obviously mixing up parts.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back