Outcast Bullet Proofed Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_20200420_153219.jpg
    IMG_20200420_153219.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20200420_153239.jpg
    IMG_20200420_153239.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 160
Those are the turnbuckles
AR340071 STEEL TURNBUCKLE M4x95mm (Black) (2pcs)
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR340071

Those are the RPM rods end
https://www.ebay.com/itm/361534131507

Nice bro thanks for this!!
Looks like you have some other DIY stuff rigged to your bumper to help with the impact also

How often...how many times did you have to replace some of these parts either the turnbuckles, rod ends, or your wing since you installed? over how much time/runs?....estimated....thanks bud....looks to be a solid solution.

Nice bro thanks for this!!
Looks like you have some other DIY stuff rigged to your bumper to help with the impact also

How often...how many times did you have to replace some of these parts either the turnbuckles, rod ends, or your wing since you installed? over how much time/runs?....estimated....thanks bud....looks to be a solid solution.

-One of the rods of replaced once few months ago

-I haven't replaced the Arrma turnbuckles after the Traxxas broke. Because it is much thicker steel. I installed Arrma turnbuckles before one year at least.

The RPM wing mount is the same for at least 2 years with hundreds of hours.

-One of the rods of replaced once few months ago

-I haven't replaced the Arrma turnbuckles after the Traxxas broke. Because it is much thicker steel. I installed Arrma turnbuckles before one year at least.

The RPM wing mount is the same for at least 2 years with hundreds of hours.
Damn bro....that solid!!
Last question...and please don't be offended because we all bash at different levels...I am no where close to the big dogs lol, but how big of airs you sending it?? Would you say its taken MANY direct tail landings and been good?
Appreciate your help...excited to try this

Damn bro....that solid!!
Last question...and please don't be offended because we all bash at different levels...I am no where close to the big dogs lol, but how big of airs you sending it?? Would you say its taken MANY direct tail landings and been good?
Appreciate your help...excited to try this

Not at all man
Honestly, I don't really send it that bad. But it tooks really bad wing landing and it's still charming.
Check this videos

nice bro!!!
That one nighttime one scared me...thought you were gonna run into some homeless guy haha

How is this wing mount mod holding up, any damage to the rear gearbox? Since the brace is attached to the gearbox, the gearbox will absorb the impact.

Top idea, thanks. After snapping the wing mount mounting screws I made up a version of this from some old Arrma 3S rod ends and some long M4 bolts with head cut off. It has since survived numerous head over heals bad landings. Although the struts did bend, possibly from downward impact forces on the wing, possibly from a direct rear impact so I'm thinking an rpm bumper on the rear and possibly some stronger grade metal for the struts at some point but certainly a great upgrade.
20210102_104213.jpg

looks really good all of them wat and what a good idea ik but I am curious and curious if it really works ??
because by day I will definitely try it too ?

Nice mod, I was thinking of something similar with the front RPM Bumper and some small shocks instead of tie rods.

I got inspired and had some extra parts to make it work! Was able to attach the turnbuckles to my rear bumper instead of the rear lower hinge block
Nice improvement on this mod. Id much rather have my bumper takin the abuse then my diff housing.

Nice improvement on this mod. Id much rather have my bumper takin the abuse then my diff housing.
Yeah was thinking the same thing. They're small M3 turnbuckles, Hopefully they take most of the damage if/when I land on the tail.

Need to get M3x25mm screws on the bottom to get the nylon nuts secured better.

Also I flipped the upper wing mount 180°(see pic again☝?haha) pushes the wing a little forward. May save the wing from breaking possibly? ??‍♂️

Ive done it to my kraton and notorious. No issues so far. Notorious is on like pack 15, and Kraton like pack 6 with this mod.

Yep, mine is holding up great, so many crashes, flips, bad landings I've lost count and while the struts are a bit bent now nothing has broken. Has to be one of the best mods out there for anyone jumping (and crashing!) these cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back