Bulletproof chassis - 1/4" thick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rook13pdx

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? I guess I'd wonder about craftsmanship of cut, holes lining up, other weird things like needing longer screws in some places, etc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-SWB-Bulletproof-Chassis-Upgrade-1-4-6-35mm-7075-T6-Billet-Aluminum/143477185205?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
s-l1600.jpg

No experience with them but the description does say “All holes are countersunk 2mm deep to fit all stock parts stock bolt/screw lengths.”

Yeah it looks legit, described as being 100% not needing any adjustment - just curious about reality when it arrives!:playful: It's just beyond my "F-it" threshold to buy and ask questions later...

I know the first run of his chassis had issues with the cutout in the diff area being cut too large and the gearboxes wouldn't cover the cutout for the crown gear. Looks like he addressed that problem.

I have the ebay 1/4" bulletproof kraton chassis. If it was Me I wouldn't run this chassis as they are extremely heavy. They are almost double the stock chassis wieght. I bought this chassis before I knew very much about the kraton or the hobby. I would strongly urge you to sell it and go a different route. M2c is the way to go or buy an extra chassis for cheap on jennys.

Me sell it? No way man. More like I’ll buy your Kraton one if you still have it.

You’re right about M2C, probably a better setup for a lighter, faster rig. But I bash like crazy with my 45 degree ramp and build not for speed, but to keep the Notorious from breaking in the first five minutes I take it out. This thing is an awesome start for that purpose.

I have two T-Bone bumpers, a bunch of hot-racing stuff, I’m not looking for light/fast, lost that battle many purchases ago... but it stays together!

Me sell it? No way man. More like I’ll buy your Kraton one if you still have it.

You’re right about M2C, probably a better setup for a lighter, faster rig. But I bash like crazy with my 45 degree ramp and build not for speed, but to keep the Notorious from breaking in the first five minutes I take it out. This thing is an awesome start for that purpose.

I have two T-Bone bumpers, a bunch of hot-racing stuff, I’m not looking for light/fast, lost that battle many purchases ago... but it stays together!
I hear you and totally understand. I did like it, but ultimately didn't like how heavy it made the truck. Im glad that it works for you. And yes I still have it and am trying to sell it. Let me know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back