Granite Bummed out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill K

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I ordered the new Granite 4x4 3S BLX on 10/03/2018 and when delivered let it sit boxed until giving it to my son this Friday night (10/12/2018) for his birthday. On unboxing we found the Transmitter trigger broken - with a slight tug it will pull right out of the TX! What a bummer! :cry:

I have the Granite 4x4 brushed version and my son did bind my transmitter to the new Granite just to see if the truck itself would come alive. It did but it wasn't driven in fear that Horizon Hobby will want the whole package sent back. I'll call Monday and see how they'll handle the broken TX. Turns out I'm the only one bummed out. My son (he is an adult, I'm 74 myself) just shrugged his shoulders and said it'll get straightened out. Guess I'm just upset that I handed my son a defective BD present, one that he couldn't start enjoying right away.

no dude just enjoy the truck and call 217 398 0007 and they will send a new one. they wont want the whole truck back. call that number to Horizon Hobby and they warranty Arrma and you will get a new Remote Asap. don't call whoever you bought it from, call that number.

no dude just enjoy the truck and call 217 398 0007 and they will send a new one. they wont want the whole truck back. call that number to Horizon Hobby and they warranty Arrma and you will get a new Remote Asap. don't call whoever you bought it from, call that number.
f7FdEdG.jpg

So I ordered the new Granite 4x4 3S BLX on 10/03/2018 and when delivered let it sit boxed until giving it to my son this Friday night (10/12/2018) for his birthday. On unboxing we found the Transmitter trigger broken - with a slight tug it will pull right out of the TX! What a bummer! :cry:

I have the Granite 4x4 brushed version and my son did bind my transmitter to the new Granite just to see if the truck itself would come alive. It did but it wasn't driven in fear that Horizon Hobby will want the whole package sent back. I'll call Monday and see how they'll handle the broken TX. Turns out I'm the only one bummed out. My son (he is an adult, I'm 74 myself) just shrugged his shoulders and said it'll get straightened out. Guess I'm just upset that I handed my son a defective BD present, one that he couldn't start enjoying right away.
Go ahead and let your son run the truck. Horizon is good about these things.

We had our first run... This Granite is awesome even on just our 2S battery. Only running issue was that a couple of times it shut down due to the battery leads pulling out of the Deans to EC5 adapter. I'll get my son a 3S battery with an EC5 connection for Christmas.

use a thin zip tie and tie the connectors together. I do this for races to make sure something stupid like a battery doesn't stop me from finishing a race

use a thin zip tie and tie the connectors together. I do this for races to make sure something stupid like a battery doesn't stop me from finishing a race

Thanks. Yeah, that would work. Think my son fixed the issue on his last run by putting an ever so slight twist in one of the Deans male prongs.

Thanks. Yeah, that would work. Think my son fixed the issue on his last run by putting an ever so slight twist in one of the Deans male prongs.
I hate Deans connectors. For me they never seemed to last that long before they wore out and it was always the esc connectors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back